Sunday, May 11, 2008

Did you buy me a Lexus?

This morning I once again woke up to sweetness. It has been my lucky week for sure with all of this pampering from Daddy and now my babies: sleeping in until 7:20, breakfast in bed, precious hand made Mother's Day art and a lovely card made by all three of them. I'm slowly waking up, munching on my muffins and fruit when J announces I need to go look out the front door....

-----This next paragraph went through my head in about 17 seconds-----

Well, I don't know about you but I've seen enough commercials to know what that statement could mean. Open the door and sitting there in the snow is a big fancy car with a huge red bow on top and a tag that says "To: Mom--From: Santa". Well, it wasn't snowing and it wasn't Christmas. {the voice in my head} I do not WANT or NEED a Lexus. I've just gotten used to being a 29 year old mini-van driving Momma and now you want me to drive a Lexus? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY STARVING KIDS THERE ARE IN THE WORLD AND YOU BOUGHT ME A LEXUS? That is ridiculous! I hope you can take it back or sell it to some other crazy soul because we are not driving a Lexus. ABSOLUTELY , POSITIVELY NOT! {end voice in my head 17 seconds later}

So, I'm sitting there feeling very anxious at the prospect of what might be behind door #1. How am I going to tell my sweet hubby that he has lost his mind and he has to take back my Mother's Day gift?

M: Did you buy me a Lexus?
D: Ummmmmm. No. It's not a Lexus. (looking very confused)
M: Are you SURE?
D: Ummmmmm. Yes. I'm pretty sure.

Shooooo (wiping forehead), potential crisis diverted. No Lexus behind door #1. Thank goodness. Oh, and if you are reading this and you drive a Lexus, I'm happy for you. It's just not for me.

J opened the door and behold...
Two fancy garden urns for my front porch. I have been searching for them since we moved in but you know how it goes. It hasn't ranked very high on the "needs" list when the list contains things such as a breakfast table and window treatments. They are exactly what I envisioned and I am in love with them. Thank you Daddy, J and MG!We spent the rest of the day together enjoying each other along with our own Mothers and Grandmothers. I wore my beautiful corsage (given to me by my three favorite people) to church and then out to lunch. For me, there is something very special about wearing a corsage on Mother's Day. I know most women don't wear them anymore. When I was a little girl, I went to church with my Meme and she always wore a corsage to church on her special day. I always wanted to be a Mother and couldn't wait for the day I was able to wear my own. As long as my sweet husband remembers to purchase it, I'll continue to wear my corsage on Mother's Day (even if I'm the only one wearing one).

2 comments:

Kim said...

How sweet - I LOVE the urns!!!

Sonja said...

Well, I've always known you were better than me. This just proves it. I would've said, "Crap. Where's my Lexus???"

Hehe. Just kidding........sorta.