Saturday, May 10, 2008

Strawberry pickin'...

It was a lovely day for strawberry picking so we ventured out to a patch about 30 minutes from home. J and MG had a great time once they got the hang of it. I think Daddy picked most (read: almost all) of the berries while J tried to jump rows and hid from the honey bees, MG stole berries from Daddy to fill her little green basket and Mommy played paparazzi and took lots of pictures. Do you think there are bees in there?So proud of her (stolen) berries. Good thing Daddy didn't mind.MG making the LONG walk back to the farmhouse. She REFUSED to let anyone carry her or carry her basket. I had the very important job of collecting the berries she lost along the way. I discovered the phrase "hold your basket up" is not yet in her vocabulary.One final pic of the two Womble kids and their strawberry collection. It was great family time together. If you have never been--you should go. The kids had a ball and I think we've now found a new springtime family tradition.

{Interestingly enough, there were many visitors eating berries straight from the vine but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. The "aroma" from the fertilizer was a little too potent for me to ignore. It is a difficult job explaining to your children why they can't eat strawberries until the are washed. Think about it...how do you explain the contents of fertilizer to a 5 year old?}

2 comments:

Kim said...

those pictures are cute!! And that does sound fun!

Anonymous said...

Aww... looks like you guys had a great time! Love the pics.