It is the eve of 2008 trip #2 with the hubby and I'm pretty much feeling like this. I have never left my babies up until February and now three months later I'm leaving them again. I feel like such a bum. Maybe all of these little trips are a little test run for our two weeks in China...both the unbearable amount of time away from the children and the big taxi rides in the sky. Maybe?
Just in case I haven't made it clear I'll state this fact once more: I ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY HATE TO FLY! I would rather drive to Las Vegas in the car with two screaming kids in the middle of July with no air conditioning than get on that plane in the morning. Nevertheless, I will get on the plane and I will go...
because our children will be loved, protected and in capable hands, because my hubby wants me to go, because it is only 3.5 days, because I have a cute dress to wear for the Gala Dinner (black, of course), because while Daddy is "conferencing" I'm going to be lounging by the pool, because we get to do super cool stuff while we are there, because we will have a great time.
So, I KNOW what you are saying right now. Go, Mommy--Have a good time--the Womble 4 will be fine--now be quiet--pack your bags and hit the road. OK, I will do all of those things for you if you will do this for me (this thing called friendship is a two way street, ya know?). First, pray for all four of us this week while we are away. Pray we are all safe and healthy the entire time. Second, pray for Mr. Pilot men (because thankfully there are more than one of those dudes up there). Pray they put their game face on and realize they are taxiing two parents who need to go on this trip but more than anything want to arrive home safely on Friday (no turbulence, easy landing, at 1:35 sharp, without any plane delay). Could we put an emphasis on "SAFELY"? :-)
T minus five hours, 35 minuates and counting. Gotta go sleep a little before tomorrow arrives...
Hugs to all,
Mommy
Monday, May 19, 2008
Vegas Baby...
at
11:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment