Monday, July 21, 2008

a Birthday with the Brians...

We spent the evening of my birthday with our friends Andrea and Neil. They bought their first house a few months ago and we've been anxious to go down for a visit. As soon as I knew we were going to JimPa and NeNe's, I knew we HAD to take a detour to visit the Brians'. I'm so glad it worked out for today. I didn't mention my birthday, but after 14 years of friendship, I knew she wouldn't forget.

We took the grand tour of their cute little bungalow, grilled hamburgers, ate delicious chocolate brownies (made by Chef Neil) and enjoyed each others company until way past the kids bedtime. I'm pretty sure our children serve as good birth control for our pals...probably more for Meester Neil than Andree. Guys, I hope they didn't stress you out too much. :-)

We could have stayed much later but the kids were ready for bed and the Brians' had to work on Tuesday. So, we put on the little people PJ's, took a few photos to commemorate the evening (A&N-I promise I'll work the camera next time) and back on the road we went. It is always a bit sad when I hug Andrea goodbye these days. I never know how long it will be until I get to see her again.

Thank you both for a lovely birthday dinner (and the brownies). My gifts were perfect and you know they will be put to great use. We loved your new home and can't wait to see pictures on your new blog (hint hint). Much love to you both. PLEASE come home soon (and I don't mean just for a visit)!

1 comment:

Rachel Spence said...

oooh I can't wait to see their house too!