After a heated debate over computer time (imagine that), J declared...
"This is the worstest day of my life. I'm just going to run away."
He headed off to his room. I went for the camera to commemorate the occasion. His suitcase was almost packed when I made it upstairs...
The contents of his run away from home suitcase included: The Mommy Book, Charlie Brown Christmas book, his Bible Story book, two lovies, four pairs of underwear and three pairs of pajamas.
I went along with his plan telling him I was going to miss him SOOO much. If it was OK with him, I wanted to take his picture so I would remember what he looked like after he ran away.
Mom: So, have you thought about where you're headed?
JTW: I think I'm going to the beach
Mom: How are you going to get there?
JTW: Ummmmmmm...maybe you could drive me?
Mom: Nope, if you are running away you'll have to find a way there by yourself
JTW: Oh, well I could fly to the beach
Mom: Do you have any money?
JTW: Ummmmmmm...No. (LONG PAUSE) Could YOU give me some?
Mom: Nope, if you are running away you'll have to find your own money
JTW: Well, how am I going to run away if I don't have any money?
Mom: I don't know. Have you thought about where you are going to sleep? What are you going to eat? Who's going to read you? Who's going to wash your clothes? Who's going to take care of you? The world is a big scary place for such a small boy to take care of himself.
JTW: (bursting into tears) BUT MOMMY! WHO'S GOING TO PACK MY LUNCH BOX BEFORE SCHOOL?
Mom: Well, little boys who run away don't have lunch boxes
JTW: WHAT? They don't have lunch boxes? What do they eat?
Mom: Whatever they can find in the trash can
JTW: THE TRASH CAN?????????????
JTW: (still crying crocodile tears) I think I changed my mind. I don't want to run away anymore. Can I PLEASE stay here with you and Daddy and MG?
Mom: Well, of course you can J. If you want to stay here you'll need obey our rules. Do you think you can do that?
JTW: YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS! I promise I'll obey the rules. Even the ones about the computer.
:-)
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
"This is the worstest day of my life"...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
That's a RIOT! =) I'm glad he changed his mind...
Whoa man!!! That's some tough love right there!
Beautiful! And so well handled. I'm so glad you got photos of it and blogged right away. That's a story he'll love to hear over and over when he gets older.
Glad he changed his mind.
You are TERRIBLE for pulling the camera out at such a time...but I LOVE it!!!! Priceless.
Post a Comment