Saturday, October 18, 2008

Ever wonder if God has a sense of humor?

I'm pretty sure today confirms it for me. The man upstairs is a real comedian.

Rewind: yesterday I was all in a panic that our government had lost our I-800A petition. HACKED OFF would be more like it. You remember the story...tracking number confirmed, check cashed, petition...no where to be found...notified by USCIS that they were "looking in to the matter". I was supposed to get a call and/or email back by the end of the day yesterday but it never came. HACKED OFF AGAIN.

Fast forward: Lo and behold what was in my mailbox today? Our "Notice of Action" confirming that they have indeed received our application and it has been logged in to their system. That's right. Yesterday they tell me my petition is missing and today I receive our "Notice of Action" post marked Wed 10-15-08. Now get this...my receipt date is listed as 9-23-08. Our homestudy was not even complete on that day. Our petition was still laying on my desk. Shhhhh...don't tell them...I don't think the receipt date actually makes a difference but I'M not going to tell them they received it 8 days later on 10-1-08. The date that counts, the Notice date, is listed as 10-10-08. That is when our 90-120 days begins. I guess that means 8 down...112 days to go. I'm going for the 120 plan. If it happens to come earlier I'll be one happy Mommy. As for the miscommunication at USCIS, I'll be calling my friend N. on Monday. I figure she needs to know that the petition she told me was lost on Friday was indeed logged in seven days prior.

So, all that to say I think THE MAN upstairs is trying to do one of two things: a) drive me completely insane or b) send me a friendly reminder that He's got it all under control. No worries folks...I already know the answer.

6 comments:

Sonja said...

Ha!I'm tellin' you....His yoke is easy and His burden is light! Told me so Himself last week. I guess you needed a gentle reminder :)


SO VERY happy that your form is where it should be. So sorry that someone's incompetence caused you grief!

Rachel Spence said...

See He has it all under control. =)

Anonymous said...

Oh Yes, a subtle reminder of WHO is in control. Sit back and enjoy the ride! He's at the wheel.

Lisa said...

He has subtle and not so subtle ways to remind us HE is in control! His time!!

Lisa Q

Sissy said...

Don't you love the government? I wonder if they do that with the money we pay in taxes?

Danyele Easterhaus said...

adoptions tend to have lots of little "lost and founds"...i think God just smiles when i get sooo anxious.