The look on MG's face pretty much sums up the mood for the day...
For whatever reason, no one was very excited about Animal Kingdom. We waited 35 minutes for a bus, took the 30 minute ride to the park and by that point they were done. It was "too sunny", "too stinky", "too boring", "too scary", "too crowded"...
It was at this point I had to remind myself it wasn't about all the fun things left to see and do. If they weren't enjoying their day we needed to regroup and divert to plan B. So, we rode a few rides, took the Kilimanjaro Safari, ate lunch and headed back to the resort for a NAP!
Everyone woke up in a much better mood just in time for an evening at Epcot. We hopped the monorail over and headed straight for Test Track. J and I waited about 40 minutes to ride (our longest ride the entire trip). I whipped out my camera near the end (like any good Mommy would). This face was too good to pass up. He was petrified...
but once the car stopped I heard "THAT WAS AWE-SOME! LET'S DO IT AGAIN!". We didn't have time to ride it again because we had reservations at Le Cellier in Epcot. Mmmmm...it was soooo yummy! The best steak I have eaten in a long time (and I'm not much a steak eater). J learned quickly the "Happy Birthday" button was his ticket to something special. Not only was he told "Happy Birthday" everywhere he went by the Disney cast, he also received a yummy birthday treat at the end of every meal. Pretty "AWE-SOME" for a boy who didn't turn six until the 25th.
One of the highlights of our evening in Epcot was viewing the launch of the Space Shuttle Endeavor STS-126.
We had no idea it was scheduled for launch. There was a huge crowd of people just standing around looking at the sky. I knew something was up so I asked another Mom and she filled me in. It was raining so we headed off to find a dry place to watch and almost missed the launch. We saw enough of the launch that J was amazed...
(and MG was hacked off because she was getting wet). We called it a night and were all in bed by 9:30 pm. The kids were asleep before their little heads hit the pillow. Disney World is fun but also EXHAUSTING!
While I'm on the YouTube kick, here is a video of the launch viewed from Orlando. SUPER COOL!
Friday, November 14, 2008
Day 4--Animal Kingdom and Epcot...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment