Friday, January 2, 2009

DTC Baby!

This morning I received confirmation that today is the day we've been waiting for. We are DTC (dossier-to-China)!!!!! At this moment, our package is on the big yellow bird winging it's way to the birthplace of our baby girl. Fly safely Mr. DHL! Oh, and please don't bend the pretty pink bow. Thanks!

Email from our agency:
Hi M,

Today is the day!!! It will take about three business days to be delivered to Nanjing, where it will be translated and taken to CCAA. CCAA will provide us with the actual log in date, which we will share with you.

Congratulations!
P--

9 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations!

I am sooo happy for you. There are only 2 weeks between your DTC date and ours. Now your job is to use some our your scary mind-powers and force the CCAA to send you the referral of your PERFECT LITTLE ANGEL. Then we can travel to China together!

I'm definitely rooting for you.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Yippee! I see you made your decision. I don't think you'll regret it!!! Can't wait to hear your LID!!! What a way to start this New Year! I have a feeling it will end with a big celebration in the making or with a NEW person to celebrate being HOME!
L

Cindy said...

I keep trying to post a comment but I am having technical difficulties :) Hope it works this time. A big congrats to the Womble Family. This is our year dear friend! Can't wait to hug you in China!
Yahoo! Cindy

Denise said...

Hooray! I remember how important this step was to us. I am praying that this is the year that you see your daughter's face!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congratulations! Are you waiting for a referral now? Things should go a lot faster for you than it has for us ;-),which is a good thing. Can't wait to follow your journey! Blessings, Elaine

Sissy said...

Loved the pink bow! Such a cute way to wrap up your paperwork! I think I should have known you would do something like that...you are so crafty.

Yes, the paperwork part is frustrating on a domestic adoption, and I understand it is even more so for international. Wow.

Flamingo said...

woo hoo!

ok..i think the agency likes you more than me...i don't know if they even told me it was on it's way!

you never know...the way things are going we could still travel together!

Wuxi Mommy said...

Awesome!! What an excting day for you! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your LID soon:)

Anonymous said...

We have been one step behind you at each point in this journey. We will be DTC tomorrow, once again just steps behind you. I hope our dossiers become friends while they wait to be reviewed in China.