Saturday, March 28, 2009

Waiting for the Sky to Part...part three...

We bailed on our camping weekend and came home a day early. Between the nasty weather and the stress of MeiMei's referral we couldn't take another night of the wilderness. Once we made it home and got settled we spent the afternoon researching everything we could find on her diagnosis. I believe knowledge is power is a true statement--at least for me--and it eased my fears to know more. Thank you Lord for the power of Google. Really--what did we ever do without it?

As the afternoon went on I started to feel a little better about everything (all the while the Chief is telling me to stop worrying because it's HER). As I looked through her file over and over again, it was the little things that stood out seemingly confirming we were meant to be her family. She's a Southern girl. She likes biscuits (as any Southern girl should). She's wearing pink in both of her referral photos. She's from an oil producing area of the country (the Chief is an oil distributor). Remember the mysterious I800A approval in December? Through the dates in her file we discovered we were completing our final piece of dossier paperwork at the exact same time she was completing her final document for her C2A2 file. Basically, while we were finishing our paperwork for her--she was finishing her paperwork for us. Coincidence? Naaahhh--we do not believe in coincidence. Yet I was still holding back. Still not convinced. Still waiting for the sky to part before I fell completely in love with a little girl who might not be ours. And then it happened.

Do you know the song What Now by Steven Curtis Chapman? It is one of many songs in my playlist on the office computer. I have listened to it literally hundreds of times but this time was different (and please don’t think I’m crazy because I'm not). When this song began to play it was as if the words were being whispered directly into my heart...



I saw the face of Jesus in a little orphan girl
She was standing in the corner on the other side of the world
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my heart
Didn't you say you wanted to find me?
Well here I am, here you are

So, What now?
What will you do now that you found Me?
What now?
What will you do with this treasure you've found?
I know I may not look like what you expected
But if you remember this is right where I said I would be
You've found me

What now?

With these words I knew ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WITHOUT QUESTION we were meant to be her family. It was as if a complete sense of peace washed over me. In those moments my mind immediately switched from "Is this HER?" to "This IS her!". After I turned off the waterworks (which were streaming in full force) I dragged the Chief in to listen. He listened intently as he didn't know the song as well as I did. With the first verse complete I knew what he was going to say before he opened his mouth. "I told you it was her--I told you!" he said...

No comments: