Saturday, March 28, 2009

Waiting for the Sky to Part...the finale...

Once everyone went to bed I spent a little more time with my pal Google. I joined the yahoo group for families with children from her orphanage. I joined the yahoo group for cleft affected children. I sent email requests to several well respected physicians and pediatric dentists in our area. Then I began searching for more information on her foster village.

There is so much more to this story but for now I have to stop here. What I can tell you is this. For years I have prayed that our daughter would be loved and cared for until we can bring her home. He has answered our prayers. Never in a million years could I have imagined the blessing we have been given. Years ago, if someone had asked me to create the perfect scenario for our adoption I would have dreamed really small. Thankfully God didn't ask for my input or I would have messed it all up.

I've been reminded again and again that sometimes we have to trust God even when it doesn't make sense. In this instance, He didn't care about our extensive research or detailed lists. He had his own list. His own plan. His own personal agenda that has far exceeded all we could have imagined. Someday, hopefully soon, I hope to share the rest of the story.

Now to him who is able to do
immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory
Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments: