As we talked more and more about the Waiting Child program, I began researching and compiling a mental list. Those of you who know me well are laughing right now--me, research and mental lists. :-) Anyway, after much discussion, we felt confident in what we could and could not handle as a family. We compiled our list based upon that research and sent it in to our agency. Actually, we submitted four lists over the past year--each to replace the previous version. So as you can imagine, when our agency called with a need not on our current medical checklist, I was in shock. Could this be her? I think so--but I don't want to think--I want to know.
Throughout the first day and a half, I was so many things rolled into one big ball of butterflies. The Chief was certain it was her. Me being...well...being ME...I was still hanging on the fence. Ready to jump off but still holding on just in case. I continued to ask him, "How do you KNOW for sure?" Every time his reply was the same. "I don't know. But I do. It's her." I wanted that reassurance. I wanted to know ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WITHOUT QUESTION it was her.
At 3 am on the night of MeiMei's referral, while everyone else was sleeping, I was curled up in the corner of the camper with a flashlight. I scoured every word of her file at least 10 times searching for some sort of connection--a sign if you will. I continued to pray, "Lord, please show me with certainty that she is OUR daughter" over and over again. Truthfully, though I know it doesn't happen like this, I'm pretty sure what I truly meant was "Lord, I'm waiting for the sky to part. I'm waiting for YOU to tell me she is ours. If you could do it just this one time then I'll know ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WITHOUT QUESTION that she is OUR daughter. Go ahead. I can wait." And wouldn't you know it. I waited...and waited...and waited...
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Waiting for the Sky to Part...part two...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
i'm so anxious to hear the rest. just so you know...i was the exact same way. i wanted so bad to glance once and be like yep...it's her!
i knew for sure, yet i questioned the whole way until we were in china:)
Post a Comment