Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Brought to you today by the letter J...

As an end of the year assignment, each student had the opportunity to play teacher by presenting a letter of the alphabet to the class. Wild Man chose the letter J and set out to create a lesson. I helped him come up with a plan but he had to execute it in the classroom.

He began his presentation with his best teacher rendition of "1-2-3-eyes on me". He must of said it 5 times until he had every students complete UNDIVIDED attention. Not a shy bone in the kids body. Not one.

First he presented a few items beginning with the letter J...Jump rope, Juice box, Jeep, and Joke book...Then he moved on to his main demonstration--how to make JELL-O. I served as his assistant boiling the water and holding the cheat sheet Just in case he forgot one of the steps...

I tried to inconspicuously snap an action shot but as you can see he paused mid-stir for a photo op. Thankfully it's only Kindergarten. I'm sure someday he will lose a few points in Public Speaking 101 when I bust out my camera for a scrapbook moment. :-) I'm only kidding... well... maybe...
Like a pro, he remembered all of the steps to making Jell-O without the cheat sheet. Wooohoooo! He moved on to asking his classmates other words that begin with J and praised them all for their correct answers (as any good teacher would do). The only part of the lesson he selectively forgot was how his Mommy FORBID him to tell any Jokes from the Joke book. He pulled that secret out of his back pocket for the grand finale...

His chosen Joke from the "Jokelopedia: the Biggest, Best, Silliest, Dumbest Joke Book Ever"...

Q: Why did the kangaroo lose the basketball game?

A: He ran out of bounds.

Bwaaah-haa-haa-haa! Can't you just hear the six year old laughter erupt?

To our Wild Man--I mean Mr. Womble--you did an EXCELLENT job! Perhaps you'll have your own classroom one day. If you do, please do all the kids a favor and leave your Jokelopedia at home.

No comments: