I received this in my Inbox today. The subject line of the email...
love, MeiMei.
Press play and you'll see why...
My journey's here, but my heart is There
So I dream and wait, and keep the faith, while You prepare
Our destiny, til You come back for me
Oh, please make it soon!
Cause I just wanna be with You
I just want this waiting to be over
I just want to be with You
And it helps to know the Day is getting closer
Every minute takes an hour
Every inch feels like a mile
Til I won't have to imagine
And I finally get to see You smile
In reality, I know these lyrics are talking about heaven (and not a little girl waiting for her family). I know they are not her words. I know she does not understand all of the changes that are about to happen. However, to this Mommy's weary heart, they are the words of my daughter. I have been so blessed with supportive friends who know when I need a good laugh (or in my case today--a good cry). This process is one of those "things" in life--if you haven't lived it you can't understand the emotional roller coaster of the process. My two pregnancies were a cake walk compared to this. Seriously--one complicated--one typical--both a cake walk in comparison to this never ending emotional rollercoaster (AKA the paper pregnancy). To my fellow adoptive Mommy friends who are waiting with me--our day will come. It wasn't yesterday. In all likelihood, it will not be today but someday soon it will come. Then we'll dance like nobody is watching and start over at Day 1. Again. I have hope that when we see their precious smiles in person, all of the tears will be a distant memory.
A-thank you so much for your thoughtful email and most of all your friendship.






4 comments:
I can only imagine how long the wait must be. Hurry up, China! Hang in there!
I am so sorry yesterday didn't produce your LOA, I was so hopeful for you. Your day will come. These last days waiting for your LOA are the WORST. If you can bare this you can take anything. I totally agree, pregnancy is a piece of cake in comparison, and I didn't even have easy pregnancies... Hang in there, you are so close. I promise.
Much love,
Amy
I can say from experience that I totally understand what you are feeling...we waited 100+ days for our LOA and it was hard...very hard, but now I don't remember it...just like we forget morning sickness and labor pains. When your little girl is in your arms, it will be soooooo worth it and you will forget all of this!!
Hugs from me coming your way~
I'm so sorry M. If there is any silver lining in this, its that Mei Mei will hear this story one day and KNOW for certain how much she was wanted and loved before you even held her in your arms. She will know what a warrior her Mommy is and how she can navigate the complicated channels of immigration, etc. Its so hard now but one day this will be the most beautiful love story with an impossibly happy ending. I can't wait for that happy ending!
Much love,
Cindy
Post a Comment