I knew our Letter of Seeking Confirmation was due to arrive today. We stalked the front door all morning waiting for Mr. Express Mail to ring the bell. By noon I realized Mr. Express Mail must have forgotten Websters definition of "express". What's a few more hours when you've waited this long, right? Finally, at 2 pm Mrs. Postal Mail shows up.
When I opened the door I audibly gasped at the sight of the stack of mail she was handing me. There she stood holding one of the most important envelopes ever delivered to this address along with our regular mail--here's the kicker--FOLDED and RUBBER BANDED together. Do you know what I'm talking about? Like when you receive one too many catalogs or magazines in your mailbox? They fold the catalogs in half, stick the mail in the middle and strap a fat rubber band around the stack holding it all together? I have issues with paper...I know...I know...
I flattened it out as best I could and dove head first into another frantic paperwork party. After a very hectic 3 hours and 41 minutes, our I800 petition was signed, sealed and delivered to FedEx with 4 minutes to spare. How's that for cutting it close? It is currently winging it's way to Chicago along with 1/2 inch of supporting documentation (I wonder how many trees we have destroyed in this process?).
The document itself is the first official document linking our family to MeiMei...
The Chief signing his name on the dotted line. The next time we sign an official document with her name on it we'll be holding her in our arms!!
Our envelope should arrive in Chicago tomorrow morning before 10 AM. We should know in 2-3 weeks if we've been approved. For now, I bet you will never guess what we have to do. That's right. We wait...
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Now you see it--Now you don't...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I love the pink ribbon!!!
you are going to be there before you know it! it just seems like yesterday that we were signing that paper...that was 6 months ago!! wow!
Post a Comment