9/14 @ 7:39 AM China time---9/13 @ 6:39 PM CST
Every call has a beginning
A quiet moment when God
whispers a promise to a mother's heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts
the journey set before him.
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns
Casting its first light on a chosen threshold
A gentle knock...a closed door opens
A sacred invitation sent by the Father
Leads to the other side of the world
Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care
And then one morning,
On an ordinary day
An orphan's life changes
God sends them a second chance...
Through YOU
-author unknown
A quiet moment when God
whispers a promise to a mother's heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts
the journey set before him.
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns
Casting its first light on a chosen threshold
A gentle knock...a closed door opens
A sacred invitation sent by the Father
Leads to the other side of the world
Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care
And then one morning,
On an ordinary day
An orphan's life changes
God sends them a second chance...
Through YOU
-author unknown
It is my intention to archive the comments from today for MeiMei to read when she is older. We want her to know that from the very day she joined our family she was loved--just like her brother and sister. If you feel so led, please leave your prayers and wishes for our new daughter in the comments section below. I believe someday she will come to cherish your words and wishes.
With boundless love and great anticipation for the day set before us,
M and J






41 comments:
Yes, I'm officially tore up!
Mei Mei---since the day your Mommy and Daddy shared their wish for you---we too have been so excited for THIS day. The day you meet your forever family. I can't wait to meet you and for you to meet your new friends, the Spence kids. May God bless you today and every day and give you His peace,His comfort and His love. We all love you sweet girl!!!
The Spence Family
Dearest Mei Mei,
I pray that God fills your heart with his peace and love today, that you open you heart to your Mama and Baba over the next few days as they have loved you from afar and worked so diligently to bring you home as quickly as possible. You have been covered in prayer from the day you were born. You are loved and blessed dear sweet girl. I hope some day I can wrap my arms around you and your Mommy.
All my Love,
Amy
MeiMei,
I pray that you will feel the love of our family and that God will comfort your heart today and help you feel the love from these two very special parents. I want you to know that your Grammy, Big Brother and Big Sister are so excited that Mom and Dad are there to bring you home and they can hardly wait to see you. They have talked about MeiMei for years. So I pray that you will find peace and comfort today as God has blessed you with the best two parents I know. Grammy loves you and cant wait til she can rock you just like she did brother and sister.
Love,
Grammy
Sweet MeiMei,
While you cannot know it just now, by the time you read this yourself I know you will know that God gives you today the most wonderful "forever family." You are a truly blessed little girl, as I have seen first-hand the love your new mommy and daddy and your heavenly Daddy have for you.
Welcome home, sweet baby... we have been waiting for you and the wait is finally over. After today you will forever be where you were meant to be... safe, loved, cherished, adored, and chosen.
Love,
Ms. Rebekah
Sweet Mei Mei ~
Before the very foundation of the world was formed, God loved you. Even then, the details of this very special day were known to Him and ordained by Him, for His glory. He knew that on this day, you would be the answer to many years of earnest prayer... of a very special mommy and daddy, brother and sister, who needed YOU to make their family complete.
I pray that He will wrap His loving arms around you today in a way that only He can. He has big plans for you, sweet girl... plans to prosper and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. I can't wait to meet you and see your precious face in person.
Jesus loves you, and so do we!
Courtney
MeiMei--
You have no idea the love that your forever family has for you! They have waited for this day for so long and now your life and their life too will forever be changed! You are one of the luckiest little girls on Earth and you make the Womble family complete! Today I pray that our Lord wraps his arms around you and comforts you as you have soo many changes coming your way. I can't wait to see pictures of you with your big brother and sister!
Mei Mei -- Enjoy meeting your forever family today! I have a feeling that you are going to love them!
I am over the moon for all of you. Congratulations!
I'm here, from Kim's blog, endless possibilities, and I have this to say...
God bless you. Not only because you will be MeiMei's FOREVER parents, but because you asked for prayers, not for you, but for her. She will need them. You will need them. You have mine!
I'm praying that you are blessed with "endless possibilities" for her and your family.
My heart breaks for the pain that she will initially go through, but rejoices in the responsibility of what you're doing.
Please, don't ever let her down. Stay together, love each other, and her, most of all.
Be patient, kind, and the sort of teachers in her life that will make all the difference in her future.
Coming over from Kim's blog to let you guys know that I'm thinking about you guys and that I'm so terribly excited/nervous for you guys! Just think about how amazing your life will be with this sweet, sweet little girl in it!
Lord God,
You are so awesome. You have brought this family to this little girl and this little girl to this family. You did this. I just pray that you would take hold of that little heart that is grieving, confused, broken and give her a new song. Lord, we know these things take time-- we don't always understand it, but we know you are working good for your purpose, in your time. I pray for these parents that you would lift them high-- beyond impatience, beyond their selfish needs and show them how to be fully present to this new life entrusted to them. You are doing great deeds right before our eyes and we just praise you right here and now for your amazing work. We love you, Lord! Amen.
Hi! I found your blog through Kim's blog. (I just love looking at her paintings.) Anyway, my husband and I live in China. We're also adopting!
Here's the strange thing - we're coming to Guangzhou on Sept. 20-21 to see a friend from college who is adopting. They're staying at the White Swan.
I'm sure that you are well taken care of by your tour guide, but if you needed anything - a hug, Papa Johns pizza, a listening ear, a run to Ikea, a break from the group, then feel free to write.
Just so you can see that we are normal (well, almost) people our blog is easternjourney[dot]com or you can e-mail sandra[at]easternjourey[dot]com
Today is a good day!
what a blessings.. Welcome Home Baby girl
God is So Good
Mei Mei, what a wonderful family God has given to you! Their dream of having a daughter and sister came true with you and I wish that your dreams in turn will all come true!
Mei Mei! Yay we are so excited for you to meet your new forever family! We will be praying for all you guys during this wonderful change!
Mei Mei! We have been praying for you and your sweet face for many months. Know that you are loved by many. Know that your forever family loves you more than you will ever know. We pray that today holds smiles and happiness for you and we pray you find comfort in the love of your family!
Rhonda.
Came by from Kim's blog. Praying for a beautiful day blessed by the Lord on MeiMei's day.
Praying for you sweet baby as I imagine my own Sophie, who is the same age, going through the same thing...
I pray you will fall fast in love with your new family. Love from Minnesota, Jess
I came over from Kim's blog - beautiful story and beautiful little girl. Wishing you all safe travels and many years of happiness together as a family!
"You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance; You ripped off my black mourning band and decked me with wild flowers. I'm about to burst with song; I can't keep quiet about you. God, my God, I can't thank you enough!" Psalm 30:11-12
God is the number one healer of hearts! Her mourning will SOON be turned into dance! NO DOUBT!
Just popping by from Kim's blog to say congratulations on your sweet, beautiful baby girl! I hope she transitions well for you and that she finds much happiness in her forever family!
MeiMei, I am sure that the next few moments, days and months may be hard for you, but know deep down in your sweet baby heart that your new family has been loving, adoring, and treasuring you from afar. Wishing you every sweet moment of happiness that you are about to receive.
Coming from Kim's blog to say congratulations on the addition of sweet MeiMei! MeiMei, I just know these were the parents meant for you and I wish you all a happy and prosperous life together. Remember to rest in HIM and in your faith your parents will help you to know. I hope you feel in your heart the love pouring in from so many on this special day!
Love and blessings dear Womble family! Happy MeiMei day!!
Congratulations!! She will be so blessed to have such an amazing forever family like yours. Big brother and big sister!! What more could a little girl ask for. I hope you had safe travels and know, though these times when she is first with you will be tough...they will make for the best of times, love, laughter and memories a family could ever ask for. Enjoy her. :)
What an awesome experience, for your entire family. Mei Mei is blessed to be joining such a Godly family. Praying that this transition will be smooth.
Mei Mei-
I just want you to know that you are with the most precious family and they will love you unconditionaly. We all have been praying with your family for this day to come. Today I pray for you that you will find comfort in your new family and that God will bless each one of you during this time. I can't wait to see pictures.
I'm here from Kim's blog and I wanted to tell you what a wonderful thing it is that you're doing. I myself am adopted and it warms my heart to hear about other families who open their homes to give a child another chance. Bless you.
I also wanted to leave you with the adoption creed that hung on my bedroom wall while I was growing up.
"Not flesh of my flesh, Nor bone of my bone,
But still miraculously my own.
Never forget for a single minute,
You didn't grow under my heart - but in it"
Hoping and praying all is going well! Today has finally come! Mei Mei is blessed to have you, but I know all too well that you all are blessed even more to have her! God will heal her heart as only He can!
Congratulations MeiMei on finally getting to be with your FOREVER family today! And Womble family, congratulations on your newest family member! May God Bless you and protect you!
{{{HUGS}}}
Robin :o)
i come to you, by way of kim over at small words. congrats on your new baby girl.. and you're all in our prayers for a smooth transition.
many blessings,
-Tracie
Coming over from Kim's blog to say congratulations on the new addition to your family. What a beautiful little girl!
MeiMei, I'm sure the start of this journey will be difficult for you, but know the love that your "forever family" has for you will guide you through. They loved you long before they knew you and will love you always.
Sending love and prayers to the entire Womble family.
MeiMei~
For as long as I have known your parents, they have dreamed of this day. They have prayed for you by name. They have cried many tears, knowing that somewhere out there, there was a little girl that was a part of the Womble family but was not home yet. Today you become a part of a forever family. Not only to the Wombles, but to so many other people that love you although we've never even seen you. MeiMei, you also are being introduced to the family of God. I know your parents will raise you to love the Lord with all your heart, soul and mind. And although for 17 months you have not had an earthly father, you have had a heavenly Father who knitted you together before time. He knows and loves everthing about you. My prayer for you is that you will seek Him in everything that you do! Love you sweet girl.
Laura
What an amazing adventure for all of you -- how wonderful to open your home to wonderful Mei Mei. One day she'll realize that it's been her home along!
Wow! I found your blog a LONG time ago and that was it. Then today something popped in my head and I said, I wonder if they ever got their baby?
How crazy is it that I google you today trying to find the site (I remembered Womble in the name) and todays the day you're getting her! I'm extremely happy for you and your family. I just re-read the whole story from when you found out Mei Mei was the little girl you were getting. It brings tears to my eyes, and I don't even know you personally.
Congratulations, you went the distance (literally) to get this sweet child, and I can't wait for her to someday realize what amazing parents she has!
Rachelle @ Momma & her lovebugs.
Dear MeiMei
It's your Aunt Andie!!! I have known about you for a very, very, very, long time. I spent many times on the phone with your mother telling me how anxious she was to meet you, hold you, kiss you, and love you forever. You have the most loving, giving, caring family in the entire world. Your sister and brother have been apart of my life for a very long time and I can't wait for you to become a part of mine. I may not live close to you anymore, but my heart and love for you travels many miles. As I close with a tear of happiness for my new found friend , I love you and will always be here for you for many years to come.
Love,
Aunt Andie
I found the Wobble Times about a month ago and have enjoyed hearing about the journey! What a sweet family and amazing adventure. MeiMei is one lucky little girl. Congrats to the entire family! September 14th will always be a special "Gotcha Day"!
MeiMei,
I wanted to tell you what a privilege it is for us to welcome you into our family. We have waited a very long time for you, and we never gave up hope that someday you would be a part of this family. I can tell you that you are already loved and will always be loved. God has blessed you with a very special mommy and daddy, and we have been blessed with a very special little girl. I can't wait to hold you in my arms and love on you like I do your new brother and sister. I know that God has a plan for everyone and we are all very lucky that he has brought us together. Thank you Mei Mei for letting us be a part of your life.
Love you,
Nanny
So happy to see your sweetie is finally in your arms.
Hugs,
Jonni
Today will be hard for your daughter but one day she will smile about this day since it's the moment she met her mom and dad and the moment she found her family.
Relish every second of today.
Mei Mei,
You are such a lucky little girl. You have a wonderful family that is so proud of you and will always love you and cherish you. Your mom and dad truly are wonderful people. Amy and I have been reading about you for several weeks and hope to meet you soon once you get settled.
-Matt Lovitt
Post a Comment