-sent 4:30 am China time/3:30 pm CST
Much like the birth of a child, today has been an incredible day filled with mountainous highs and unfathomable lows. I know most only want to see the photos so I am sending those now and will journal about our day when I can. The first hour after meeting MeiMei went fairly well until right before we left Civil Affairs. She is grieving her foster family in a way we could not have imagined. It is heartwrenching for us to hear her cry out constantly for Mama and Baba knowing we are not the Mama and Baba she is desperate to find. Before we knew her face I prayed she "would be loved and cared for until we could bring her home". It was my prayer every single day. Without question they loved and adored her and she loved them in return. We are so thankful for that blessing even if it breaks our hearts in the transition. We know with certainty He created her to be part of this family. We know God will heal her heart with time. We know she will love us in return...someday. In the meantime, we will love her with every ounce of our being until that day arrives. I know we have asked for many prayers during this process but we have never needed them more than tonight. Please pray she will find comfort and peace in our arms.
Love to all from China...
Monday, September 14, 2009
Day 6: MeiMei Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






72 comments:
It all just brought tears of joy, seeing you with MeiMei. She is just precious and I'm so happy for you and your family.
Looking forward to hearing how she is doing!
Cheri
Precious, precious, precious.... are there even words? MeiMei will know very quickly the love you have for her! Comfort and peace to all tonight!
OK, I know you know. The grieving is a GREAT sign. She has attached before, so she will attach. But M, it takes time. I can say that one year home, we have turned a huge corner. The first 6 months were touch and go, but each day is a gift. Just meet her where she is and go have a cry in the bathroom yourself if needed. Better yet, cry with her. I think it gives them a supernatural sense of peace to see us cry and know that it is OK to release their pain and grief.
She is absolutely precious!!!! And so TAN!!! Just like my LM! Is it just me or does she look so grown up compared to her referral photos? Oh, be still my heart! She is beautiful!
Love and Hugs and Many Prayers,
Leslie
Oh and a funny I thought when watching your pics … your bag was full of tricks! No surprises there from one "Type-A-Plan-for-Almost-Everything" kind of girl!
;))))))) Leslie
My prayers are with you all. May you and the chief learn how to be the parents that MeiMei needs. May her heart be filled with peace so that she can feel the abundance of love you both have for her. May her brother and sister adjust quickly to the changes in your family and joyfully receive the gift that only siblings can give each other.
I am SO excited the day finally came!! She is absolutely PRECIOUS! I can't wait to meet her in person.
I have no words for what she is going through---I only pray for comfort and peace for her. I am praying HARD for both of you. Know that we love you all VERY much.
Can't wait for the whole story and many many details. :)
She is so beautiful!!!
I am finally home! And I am absolutely loving, Loving, LOVING these photos!!!! They are beautiful, poignant and so chocked full of palpable emotion. I have been thinking of you all all day long... I might not "be" there with you but I "am" there with you. All my love and prayers of peace and comfort for you all~ Cindy
PS Will write to Mei Mei tonight... was hard to type out on a phone :)
Beautiful! You are all in my prayers, but most especially MeiMei tonight. I pray that her heart is open to your unending love. Blessings.
By the way, Mei Mei is just absolutely adorable. Those eyes, even with tears streaming out of them, are so beautiful. Can't wait to see the pic of the first smile :)
OK, one last thing and then I promise I will stop overloading you with comments :) You look fabulous in that color blue and I am wondering if Mei Mei's hair is really honey brown or if that is just the lighting? Either way, it looks so pretty!
Hang in there and just keep loving on her. :) Breaks my heart to relive this stage of the adoption process while reading your post. It is wonderful that she was well attached to her FF. She will be to you too before you know it. Hope you are getting some sleep tonight & looking forward to an update from your second day with your precious new daughter.
Lisen
Prayers for a peace that passes understanding tonight... Praying for you and crying with you!!!
How incredible to finally see you together with MeiMei! Such precious moments even in the midst of such sadness for MeiMei. The Lord is good...He will heal her heart and grow a bond between you even stronger than you thought possible. Lord, be with M, J and MeiMei as they work through this transition. Give them peace, rest, and your loving guidance. Amen.
Beautiful photos! It's wonderful to see those Mommy & Daughter bonding pictures. Hang in there, every day will bring you three closer together.
~Lynn
The big day has now come and gone!! Praying you are all waking from your first restful night, but I know you well remember your first night with Wild Man and Little Miss, and if they were anything like mine, the first days were anything but restful. I know you have a long road ahead, but in the end, when Mei Mei has not even a brief memory of the beginning of the rest of her life, this time too will bring a smile to your face. Lifting the three of you up faithfully in prayer, can't wait to see you! Remember your five statement pledge, #4- I'm believing HIM!!!
Laura
My niece is from China and we are praying that your transition goes smoothly!
I have tears in my eyes seeing pictures! I know how bittersweet that first day is, but your precious Mei Mei's grieving is really a good sign that she was able to love and build an attatchment once. And I'm sure she quickly will again! Praying for this special time as a new family:)
These pictures bring back memories of our gotcha day 4 months ago with our Chloe. It WILL get better, but, it will be a rough few days. At times, I cried right along with her...but she is now the biggest mama's girl in the world. She is absolutely beautiful and healthy-congratulations!
What a beautiful little girl! Rejoicing with you that the day you have prayed for has finally come, may God continue to bless your journey.
I know Rachel and read Kim's blog and have followed yours as well. My prayers are with your family, MeiMei and the wonderful foster family that gave her the love you prayed for. God Bless you all and know that MeiMei has Nashville behind her, lifting up her name to God and will be welcoming her home.
Congrats to piecing the puzzle together! What a beautiful family you have!
Amy
As a mama-to-be, I love to read Gotcha Day posts and dream of our day. On one hand, you want it to go easy and perfect, but on the other if she's been loved and cared for, she will grieve terribly. Hang in there while she goes through this difficult time and shower her with love. Eventually, she will heal and understand how much you love her. I'll be praying for you.
She's so cute!!!! Looks like she likes you pretty much from how she's resting on your shoulder.
Can't wait to hear more!
Debbie
She's beautiful! Your little angels here are doing wonderful. We look at the pictures from China all the time. MG really enjoys looking at you two while your gone to get baby sister. Your in my prayers. Safe travels!
Miss Robin
My friends,
This is all still so raw and fresh in my memory that I can hear your hearts crying out. You are in my prayers for sure. She's precious.
Be blessed,
Courtney
My computer will not show me the pictures...ugh! I am praying for you~
Absolutely precious!
Wow. I am crying right now looking at those pictures, especially the ones with her on your lap and looking over your shoulder. So precious.
Hello!
I have read your blog from time to time and knew you were in the process of adopting from China.
What beautiful pictures of your family! My pray tonight will be that God will give peace to Mei Mei's heart and that she will begin a smooth transition. I am sure this is alot for her and I am sure it just breaks your heart to hear her cry out like this. I will be praying for peace for your family too!
God Bless!
Suzanne
I just found you after reading Kim's blog. I am so happy for you, and I'm praying for all of you! God bless all of you!
Time will heal her heart and she will know how wonderful her forever family is. Little Miss and Wildman will help the transition when she gets home. She is just precious. Be strong the kids were just bouncing with joy after we saw her. Stay well and just keep the faith and the hurt will soon fade and the love will come thru. Love you all, Grammy
She's beautiful Misty! So overjoyed for you guys. God is good. As a mom that feeling you have when you leave your baby and they are so sad breaks your heart and I can only imagine that is amplified when your child is crying "that" cry and yet you're the one that loves them so very much she just doesn't know it yet. God bless you tonight and in the weeks and months to come as learns that love.
God bless and stay safe!
Such a beautiful girl. I am so happy for your family. Sweet MeiMei surely feels your love already!
Thinking of you during this special and precious time. You will make your own memories with her and she will safe in your arms.
Peace.
I've been waiting ALL day for this post. Oh, M......I'm so happy you've got your hands on this child that you've waited so long for. She's grown!! And she looks so different not being dressed in a puffy outfit!
Can't wait to see more. Prayers for you tonight. Love you all!
I am crying happy tears here! She is just adorable! Praying she knows how much you love her tonight. Each day will get easier.
Congratulations! Praying for you in Nebraska.
Sent your way through Kim Wheeler...praying for your family and the big transition. MeiMei is absolutely beautiful, and I know you all are so excited to have her with you now! God bless your sweet family!
I am praying for you right now and pray that the God of all comfort will bring peace to that sweet little girl- hang in there- it WILL get better, and she will be a different child by day 3!
Hugs to you and congratulations on your daughter!
I've been waiting to see a picture of her in your arms ALL day...actually, for longer than that. Knowing you the way I do, I can only imagine how your emotions are all over the map right now. Hang in there and know that God will graunt the peace that passes all understanding in time. Many prayers for you guys tonight. Love!!
Laura
((ps. atleast there will be no breastfeeding issues with this, right!! Focus on the positives:))
Praying for your family and the transition. May God continue to bring blessings to your family.
Amazing! She is a doll! She is so lucky to have you both as parents. I hope you are enjoying your time together.
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I have a huge smile on my face after looking at them.
Thinking of you--
Amy Castro
One other thing... I had to smile at the M bag of tricks as well. My super-organized, well-planned friend. Love it.
Love,
Amy Castro
So, so happy for you! Mei Mei is precious!! I am praying for ya'll tonight!
I am just Amazed at the Love and Bravery your entire family has to reach around the World to fullfill not a Dream but a Journey God has chosen for you! Mei Mei is so Precious and she will soon learn what a Precious Family she has joined! What a showing of Love and Belief for you all to work so hard to make this a Reality! Nothing but Blessings await your entire Family! Will surely Pray for quick Peace and Unity for you all!
It is 4am and we are about to head to the airport. In 24 hours we will be in China. Praying for you- and for Mei Mei.
Amybeth (mytwoblessings)
And by the way- MeiMei is just as adorable as her pictures- and she looks so good in your arms.
I have hit refresh so many times on the computer waiting to hear how it went. I've looked at the pictures over a hundred times. I'm so happy the day has finally arrived! That baby is gorgeous!
First thing I saw this morning after waking up...poor baby~
But as others have said and you know, it is normal and also good because she has attached. But to watch your child in pain is hard. She will open up in the next few days, it will just take her time.
Love, hugs and prayers coming your way!
She ia beautiful. The pain she is feeling will fade. Time will make it better. Things are going to be fine. Love to you all.
Nanny
Oh my goodness M, Mei Mei is beautiful!! What a beautiul day! I will be paying for you all, but especially Mei Mei's little heart!! She is one LUCKY girl!!!
I know you are sad... when she cries but she will know the love of her new parents soon. You are in my prayers.
Such great pictures. The first day is so bittersweet.....prayers going up that it will all be better from here.
Wow, just, Wow. I can't articulate right now, lol Jay is missed at the office. Your kids are great, have been talking to Robin. And am hearbroken for Molly, those tears are tearing me up, but they will be gone soon.
OHHH this is so sweet! hang in there Mom and Daddy!!!
Congratulations! You have a beautiful baby girl. May the Lord Bless and keep you.
These pictures are absolutely precious! I just love how I can FEEL the emotion through all of your pictures! Congratulations, Wombles!
My prayers are with you now and the months to come. You have a big heart and a loving soul and MeiMei will soon know that. God has blessed you in so many ways and will continue to do so.
Love,
Aunt B
wishing you all comfort and patience as the familiarity of the "old" mixes with the unknown yet exciting "new". Mei Mei- you're heart hurts right now but you have unconditional love from your forever family and lots of people all around the world who are already a fan of you! (Laura, NC)
Congratulations Wombles! Praying for MeiMei to bond with you incredibly quickly. She's absolutely beautiful!
stopping by from kim wheelers blog. just want to tell you and your family congrats......your little one is ADORABLE!!!!!! i had happy tears as i was looking at your pictures!!!!!! take care and enjoy your precious one!!!!!
I came across your site through Kim's and I am so glad I did. What a heartwarming story. It is such an awesome thing you are doing. Precious MeiMei is so lucky to have you. It also heartwrenching at the same time. I can't imagine the grieving she is going through and how hard it is for you to see her in pain and have that communication barrier. I just know in my heart that this story is going to have a happy ending. She will grow to love you as much as you love her and her pain will subside. I know that God would not have brought you to her if it was not meant to be. I will be keeping MeiMei and you in my prayers as you go through this transition period. Hang in there. Know that God is with you every moment.
We may not know your family personally but your story is incredibly touching. We're praying for moments of joy, a healed heart and many, many years of family love. Congratulations on your adoption!
What a beautiful little girl!!! Congratulations!!! I'll be keeping MeiMei in my prayers as she makes this wonderful transition. Best wishes!
Oh, tough day, and tough days ahead. Maybe I'm not very comforting, since things are still tough for me, but you have strength and faith to lean on, and know at least that I"m thinking of you, too!
Oh my goodness how adorable is she?!?! I've been checking in daily to see how things are going and I was so excited to see her actually in your arms! You all are in our prayers during this rough transition. I know she'll do great because she has wonderful new parents and a great brother and sister who I'm sure can't wait to meet her! Good luck in the days ahead.
Love,
Matt & Erika
God is so good. In His Sovereignty and thru His perfect plan He made MeiMei from the very beginning to be a part of your family. She is beautiful. Praying that you have peace and endurance in the coming days. Such a precious baby girl! Congratulations from Knoxville!
I am SPEECHLESS!!! She is adorable! I can't wait to meet her.
Love,
The Brians
She is absolutely beautiful! I pray for you and your entire family tonight and i shed tears of happiness with you! i can't wait to meet her.
Love you guys,
A
Fabulous sweetness to end my day....I love to see the embrace of you and your new baby girl. Kim sent me your way and Im so glad she did. God bless!!
I've looked at these pictures over & over (& cried every time). I can only imagine the roller coaster you are both on. Mei Mei will soon adjust & realize who she truely belongs with. We are praying for all of you but especially that sweet girl. I can't wait to go over & get our sweet girl. If anything - you are also helping me prep for the probabilty that the first mtg won't be all smiles. But the outcome - what a blessing!!!! The Nixons
What a doll and such a lucky little girl to have found you. Praying for your family and for your safe return.
Love,
Lynn and Lee
I just keep coming back to your blog and checking out the pictures. MeiMei is such a sweetie! I am praying for you all!
Love and hugs,
Amy Castro
Colorado
I am so sorry that things have been so tough. I promise things will change with time even if it seems impossible to believe right now. Things are going to come together.
P.S. Your daughter is adorable. :)
Hugs,
Jonni
Post a Comment