If you would like to provide me with an email address I would be glad to discuss this with you in a more appropriate manner. This will be my final reply to your rude and hurtful comments on MY blog.
Adoption is a choice. It is a choice many families make for various reasons. We wanted another child and there are literally MILLIONS of children in the world who need parents. MILLIONS. Those little lives had already been created so why wouldn't we choose to parent one of those children? We felt this was God's plan for our family. Contrary to what you think, genetic material does not make a parent a parent. Believe me. I know that from personal experience. Yes, there are thousands of children here in the United States and millions in other countries who need families. We chose China because we felt that is where God was directing us. Nothing more. You are obviously very concerned about the children in the United States and I applaud you for that. If you knew me in real life, you would KNOW my heart is for these children. The ones all over the world who go to bed hungry or cold or without someone to tuck them in. It is my heart. It is my calling. It is what keeps me awake at night. I can tell you are very concerned about the children from the United States and I would be happy to provide you with the resources to help you adopt or foster one of them. My email is in the sidebar. One thing to note is you will be required to complete a homestudy which could prove problematic for you given your current feelings. A very good social worker can help you sort through those feelings. I do not know a social worker in Toledo, Ohio but I would be happy to help you find one.
The only thing we have "done" to our oldest children is give them a sister. Giving them the gift of an adopted sibling is no different than bringing home a new baby from the hospital. There is an adjustment period no matter how you choose to grow your family. Yes, our adoption has been difficult for our family. That is true but NOTHING worth doing is ever easy. At times, being a wife is trying. When I became a Mother, I spent much of the first three years of our son's life in tears for reasons I do not care to share. Being a Mom of two little people was difficult at times. Traveling to China and wading through extremely hard days was beyond what I was prepared (and I thought I was prepared). The first six weeks home were some of the darkest days of my entire life. But would I go to China for my daughter again (and she IS my daughter by the way)? Yes. Would I sign my name on the dotted line today to adopt another child. YES I WOULD! Why? Because I have been abundantly blessed beyond all I could have asked or imagined. This is my heart. I believe I have been called to be a Mommy above all other "occupations". For me, being a Mommy doesn't involve DNA. It involves rocking babies, kissing boo-boo's and teaching my children to love God and love people. That includes people with rude and hurtful comments. NOTHING worth doing is ever easy but no one ever said life would be. The only thing we are promised is a God (with a capital G) who will walk beside us every step of the way. I will be praying for you, Anonymous in Toledo Ohio. I will pray that He will change your heart so that you can begin to be the change I wish to see in the world.
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do






24 comments:
Don't know what this is all about, but AMEN girlfriend!! I am adopted, as I have mentioned before here, and what a blessing it is!!!!
Your dear children, all THREE of them are blessed to have you as a momma. Mei Mei is so blessed to have a forever family with two older siblings that can teach her so much.
Children, wherever they are from, deserve a home and two parents. Each person is led by God to the child He has for them in the case of adoption.
Lisa Q
Please don't be deterred from keeping your blog public by people who are judging you from a place of ignorance. For every person like the one making negative comments, there are lots of people (like me!) who love your blog, support you every step of the way, but have just never commented before. You're doing a great job as a mother and I have really enjoyed reading about Mei Mei.
There's no greater example of adoption than how God adopts us into his family. Adoption is special because it was designed by our Creator! And he created each and every one of us from China to the U.S. and everywhere in between. You go, girl!
You go girl!! I think maybe this is the same person who was after me. She berated me because she thought Nate was having trouble adjusting to having a sister and she also went on and on about adoptions from China and how much she hated them...that there were children here in the US who needed families. I wish that I had thought about it and written a post like this.
I am not sure what is going on though I am praying for you and love how you just put exactly what I have been saying for a long time to people that make their rude remarks. I hope the person can see what God has done in your life and your families.
Well said. I am sorry you have been personally attacked by sharing your story and true feelings, but I think you have said all you need to say. It is impossible to explain adoption to some people. We had one adoption agency go bankrupt up here in the North and the newspapers ran comments all related to why are these people adopting kids from our country... Our countries make it ten times harder to adopt these children than to adopt internationally. Our countries have the finances to care for these children and put them in foster families rather than in orphanages. Our country provides the medical care needed for these children. Our country educates so that when these children are grown they can have a full life. NEVER feel bad about adoption, God leads and we listen (as many chose not to) and someday we will all stand before Jesus.
Okay, I don't know what this person said, but please don't give them the time of day. I LOVE your blog even though I've never adopted or gone through the process. You are a hero to me because you have given another child a home and a family. Focus on the positive. I admire your candor and faith and am thankful that the internet led me to your blog. Mean people just stink!
I started reading your blog around the time you went to China to get your daughter. Another blog I read regularly asked for prayers for your family. I have found your blog so inspiring and heartwarming. I have loved reading about your family and have prayed for you, your husband and children. I am sorry that someone is being rude to you, there are so many hateful people out there. I loved this post though. I can feel how big your heart is just through your blog. Thank your for sharing your story!
Wow. I'm sorry that anyone would ever say hurtful comments about adoption. I think it is a personal choice and more power to you! That person probably doesn't have the dedication and compassion that it takes to be a mother, let alone to adopt. Mei Mei has been given a wonderful oppourtunity and is now apart of an amazing family. Don't let other people get you upset, they obviously have some issues that they need to work out on their own. God Bless you Womble family! :-)
I just feel so compelled to coment after lurking on your blog for a while. I found you through another blog and I don't even remember who it was, but I've loved reading your story. We have a possible interest in adopting a child at some point and I love reading the good, the bad and the ugly knowing that in the end it is always good. I've never read your comments section so I'm not up to date on the negativity you've received, but I'm so sorry for it. Your family and my family are far different, but regardless we are all the same and all want our children to be happy and healthy at the end of the day...that comes across so clearly in your writing. Best of luck to you and your family, and those GORGEOUS kiddos of yours.
-Meredith
PS - I accept annonymous comments on my blog as well, but you can set it up so that all comments need to be approved by you before they are posted. I had to do that after I got several spam type comments on mine. GL to you!!
WEEWWW SISTER!!! AMEN AMEN AND AMEN!!!!! I didn't read the rude post, but I must say you have handled this amazingly!!!!! Girl if I ever need something articulated I am coming to you. And to the rude poster I must say...you are treading on sacred ground.....orphans are very special to the heart of God. It is all in Scripture....you have not just offended my dear friend and fellow adopter but also you have insulted the very heart of God. If you think we are angry, you should be concerned of His thoughts as they may pertain to you. The Fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, and it is my opinion that you are a very unwise soul.
It is interesting that the few people I have encountered who have the nerve to gripe at the efforts of international adoption RARELY have adopted domestically nor do they have the intention to.
Love my friend at the wombles times!!! and we are standing with you!!!
Tammy J
no idea what was said, but amen to ya!
Hey, I'm sorry you got flamed. Only a nutcase could come up with anything bad to say about you and your amazing three. Hang in.
I am a friend of Rachel's and feel like I know you from talking to her as well as reading your blog. I cannot understand why anyone would visit a blog, read such private (but thank you for sharing your journey through adoption) entry of the struggles and joys of adopting to then go on and post hateful comments. Blogging is such a great release for me and while I edit myself from time to time, I do worry that someone will stumble along and tear me apart for just writing about my feelings.
I am so glad the Mei Mei has joined such a loving and wonderful family. I think anyone that takes that step outside of the box and adopts a child, no matter where they are from is a wonderful act of love and a blessing.
Congrats on Mei Mei, she is beautiful as are your other kids.
Amy
Well said. Thank you for sharing your story. My family loves reading about you guys:)
Mommy, So well said. And with grace and love that our God (with a capital G) demands of us...love your enemies. I will also be praying for anonymous in Toledo, Ohio.
Hi M,
I have been following your blog for a few months now. I still get surprised when an anonymous person chooses to say hurtful things on an individual's personal blog. It is hard to believe that someone can be so mean and question a decision they have no part in making.
I appreciate so much being allowed into your window. It has been so special to read about your journey and the day you posted Mei Mei's smile filled my heart with joy.
I pray for your sweet family and look forward to reading your future adventures together!
God Bless you and yours!
Suzanne
On a side note, My husband is from Guatemala. We had the paperwork started when I found out I was pregnant with my son. I guess God had other ideas! LOL
I'm sorry you got such a hurtful comment. I truly love reading your blog and would be upset if you made it private. Don't let those {I'll use a nice word} jerks get to you. Keep up the good work! G-d bless you! You have a wonderful family.
I'm so sorry that someone has been leaving hurtful comments. It always amazes me how close minded and rude people can be.
I can't even remember how I came across your blog but I have loved following it. Having someone be so open and honest about the difficulties has been such a huge help as we prepare to go to China ourselves. So, thank you! And I just wanted to say how beautiful ALL three of your children are!
I could not have said that better myself. I am so happy I got to see you this weekend. It made me filled with Joy when she came into my arms with no reservation. I can not wait to love on her during Christmas, along with my other two favorites. See you soon. Love you
Andrea
I cannot believe someone was RUDE to YOU!!! I am in shock!
I want you to know That I think you are a WONDERFUL person full of LOVE and Compassion.
and even though we have never met, Thank you for sharing your story. I also want you to know that you have my support and prayers. Hugs,
Sandi aka Big toe mom
I'm so sorry Mommy. I didn't see the comment.
I am so PROUD to call you sister and friend though. Can I just tell you that I feel it deep in my being and have seen evidence on blogs and such that there is a great SPIRITUAL battle being waged over the lives of these children, here and there.
Do not lose heart! Keep on doing what you are doing!
Leslie
I am so sorry you have had to deal with someone making rude comments to you about your choice to adopt from China. My family too, is adopting a special needs boy from China and should be traveling in January. We have had only one person express disapproval, and it was very upsetting. We also were called by God to adopt this specific child. God Bless you and your family this Thanksgiving and always. Shari - Ann Arbor, MI
Amazing- people are amazing. Good job getting rid of your stalker. I will always hate people deciding what's right in other people's lives. Where do they get off thinking their way is the only way? I'll never understand it.
I had a few bad comments when I did Matthew's blog, which is why it's now a private website. I couldn't take it, and it scared me.
I love reading your updates- keep them up! BTW- any tips for getting that beautiful little girl to sleep without crying? We have the same situation.
Melissa
Post a Comment