Today you are turning (5+2) or (15-8) or (25-18). Everything is a math problem these days but today the answers are all the same. 7. SEVEN. YEARS. OLD. How in the world did that HAPPEN? In honor of your 7th Birthday, here are seven things that make me gigantically (his word) proud to be your Mommy.
1. I love your smile. From annoyed grin to Cheshire cat smile, they all make me melt like chocolate on a hot summer day. What a handsome boy you are becoming...beautiful both inside and out. Someday I hope you find "a stinky girl" who loves that sweet smile as much as I do. In about 20 years from now. Deal?
2. I love the way you say, "Ohhhhh Moooooooom". It ranges from snarky to sincere but it makes me want to laugh every time I hear it. Sometimes I'm laughing on the inside... but I'm still laughing.
3. I love your silliness. Yes, sometimes it drives me bananas but when you break out that jokelopedia and start reading joke after silly joke (without any inflection in your voice and then a good hardy knee slap at the end) I always get a good chuckle.
4. I love the way your mind works. I am constantly in awe of the gifts God has blessed you. I am certain He has HUGE plans for your life and it is my privilege to sit in the front row cheering you on every step of the way. It is quite possible I will still be reminding you to put on socks before shoes or brush your teeth or put the tag in the back or...well, you get the picture...but I'll still be your biggest fan.
5. I love to hear you pray. You have no problem praying aloud in such a sincere and adult-like way. You always pray for a laundry list of family, friends, teachers, your little friend Uzias in Nicaragua and your friend Susannah. Always. I get a little teary the moment your words start to flow. Before MeiMei came home you prayed every day right along with the rest of us that she would be "safe and healthy until we can bring her home." He answered your prayer and ours as well.
6. I love when you become the little negotiator. Whether it's more Wii time or just one more cookie, you always have a request for more. Always. I know the strong will you have in that little mind of yours is going to lead you straight to the Supreme Court because you can argue with the best of them. I have NO IDEA where you get that from. It must be your Daddy. :-)
7. I love your heart. I love that you have no problem sharing hugs and kisses and pats with your Mom. I know those days will come to an abrupt end so I'm snatching as many as possible right now. I love that you love your sisters (even though they are "stinky girls" and mess up your stuff). I love that you think your Daddy is the best thing since peanut butter. Shhhh...don't tell him but I think he is too.
Now that I'm the Mom of a SEVEN YEAR OLD, I understand why people would say to me as a child, "I'm going to put a brick on your head". That's exactly what I want to do to you. You are growing up. You like Batman, Transformers and Wii games instead of "baby stuff". You'll negotiate your dinner for a little dessert in return. You can tie your own shoes (insert angelic chorus here) and read like a third grader. You have the memory of an elephant. You can fully illustrate the final scenes from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark after seeing it only once. You still hug your Kindergarten teacher every day on your way to first grade--because you miss her--and then you hug your First Grade teacher as well. You are nothing short of amazing to me in every sense of the word. I am incredibly thankful for each day of the past seven years. There is no other title I would rather carry than Mommy and you are the one who started it all.
Happy 7th Birthday Wild Man! You are strong and sweet and smart and brave and Mommy loves you...today, tomorrow and always.
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Happy 7th Birthday Wild Man...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
He sounds a lot like our eldest when Brad was your son's age. He was extremely bright and by third grade, was reading through the entire newspaper. I am so thankful that he is so tender to God's leading. God even led him to China for two years...and perhaps someday, will lead him back. Keep on praying for your little wild guy!
Awww... how sweet. Happy Birthday wild man {b/c I don't know your real name!}
Happy Birthday Wild Man! You are such a wonderful young man! Much love, Miss Cindy
What a sweet post for your handsome little guy! You just gotta love your first born!
Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!
so you have a negotiater too?! hmm. i haven't exactly reached "thankful" status in my son's lawyer status yet:) someday i will laugh about it. someday.
Well thanks for the tears! And thank you Wild Man for your prayers for Susannah! God definitely hears those I have no doubt.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
So sweet! Handsome young man.
Cheri
That is the best pic of the two of you. Seven (and eight) is a great age. You'll love it. I think that of every age Sam turns, and I can only hope it just stays true right up to 100.
Post a Comment