Why you ask? Let me explain...
This is my pal Cindy (who I can't link because her blog is private)...
Isn't she beautiful? Cindy and I "met" during the spring of 2008 when we signed with the same adoption agency. We became instant friends and have supported each other across the miles ever since. We had it all planned out. All signs pointed to us going to China together to meet our babies. Same time. Same place. Be there or be square. Ahhhhh...the best laid plans.
As you know, in March we received our referral for this little spit fire...Unfortunately, Cindy and Dave did not. We didn't lose hope but when April and May passed them by without a referral we knew our hopeful "plan" was not to be. Fast forward to September. We boarded a plane bound for China without her while she was still waiting to meet the face of her daughter here. She was the "CA" I mentioned in this post the morning we left. She was so heavy on my heart that day. We joked the entire summer that they would surely receive a referral while we were in China because I wouldn't be around to cheer her on. Can you see where this is going?
September 17, 2009, three days after we met MeiMei in China, I received an email entitled "of course you knew this would happen?" I KNEW the second I read it what it was going to say. While we were in China meeting MeiMei, my sweet friend Cindy "met" her beautiful baby girl in the US...
Don't you just want to pinch those Cutie-Mc-Cute-Cute cheeks? She is four months younger than MeiMei and waiting for her family in Chongqing. All I wanted to do that night was fly over to her province and bring her home with us. Ahhhhh...FINALLY!
I found her email at about 11:30 pm China time but I didn't care. I had barely slept the entire trip and I wasn't about to start then. She emailed me the file and I reviewed it with her. It was a perfect match!! I called her via Skype--love Skype--to talk it through. She was screaming and I was whispering into the laptop cam, "I think this is it! I think you just found your baby!" And so we celebrated and we cried tears of joy and we laughed because her husband Dave was in an extremely important meeting and I "met" his daughter before he did. Hahaha--sorry Dave. Isn't that an awesome story? Both of us on different continents but I was still able to cheer her on through the power of modern technology. I think we should get our own Skype commercial, don't you?
Anyway, all that to say, guess who is coming to our neck of the woods tomorrow? That's right. CINDY-Cindy-Bo-Bindy-Banana-Fana-Fo-Fendy......! We have 48 hours to do all the things we've spent the past year and half wishing we could do together. Like go for pedicures and late night movies and solve all the worlds problems over a glass of chardonnay. I'm going to play tour guide, stuff her full of Southern food and enjoy the friendship we have developed in real time. It's going to be a great weekend. I am sure of it.
Cindy--I'll see you tomorrow at Baggage Claim. You'll know it's me. I'll be the one with the three yahoo's running around at the end of the escalator. Be there or be square. XOXO...
Thursday, November 5, 2009
So excited I can't stand myself...
at
10:13 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
This is such a great story. I love it. I love it!!!
I would love for us to have a story like this, except I will invite you to come south for the winter once I have my little bundle. Ahhh, someday, right?
How exciting! What an adorable little girl! Enjoy your time together!
Woooooooo-hoooooooo!!! This is a long time coming girl! How often do you have a dear sweet wonderful long time-ish friend that you have gone through "labor" with and have never met???!!! I am soooooo excited!!!! And you'll know who I am at baggage claim... I'll be the woman that looks vaguely like the photo that you have posted :) That one's from Derek christening! ;)
Love you! Cindy
What a cool story! Hope you girls have lots of fun!
How fun is that!!!
Maybe this will be me and MY fake friend Trish one day! Hehe!
So excited for you! Have a Fan-tabulous time!
Can I come too? :)
Oh, and Cindy, congratulations from one mom of chubby-cheeked sweetheart to another!
that's so awesome!! come visit cindy next time and i can drive to meet you!!!
Post a Comment