Friday, December 18, 2009

So close...

So much for my delusional dream of Little Miss being in her room by Friday. Grrr... The inspectors can't come until Monday...because it's Friday...and even though Friday is a REAL work day for most people who WORK...apparently those rules do not hold true for city codes and electrical inspectors. :-(

On a positive note, there are only a few random things to complete and we should be ready for a Monday move in. I am so glad we removed the door and put in the new window. Both changes were a pain but well worth the effort. Those two additions make the entire renovation look like the house was originally built this way. Now this would not have been the optimal way to design the space before we built the house but we tried to make what we had work for us right now. We are tickled pink over how it has turned out minus that ugly ceiling fan but for now...it stays.

I know at least two of you (AKA Grammy and Nanny) would like to see a few before and afters of the new play space. Your wish is my command...

ENTRY BEFORE:ENTRY AFTER:

OLD CLOSET AREA BEFORE (gasp at the unsightly play room):OLD CLOSET/NEW WINDOW AREA AFTER:

STEPS BEFORE:STEPS AFTER:
And this, my friends, is Little Miss' big girl room. More photos to come...
Hopefully soon...

8 comments:

Sissy said...

Love the chandelier! Can't wait to see the rest.

Sonja said...

It looks fabulous!! I want to come and see it in person!

Kim said...

I'm busting up your party tomorrow ONLY because I'm dying to see this room! haha!

Jodee said...

How exciting! I can't wait to see more!

Kara said...

The suspense is killing me! everytime I check my email, I'm checking you blog for updated photos. I NEEEED to see some photos of Little Miss' room!
It all looks great!

Anonymous said...

Looking Great!
Debra

Cindy said...

Oooooo, love the color blue! Very soothing. Love the chandelier too!

Wife of the Pres. said...

Did I miss the update??? I love renovations! I know, I am a bit sick in that way … we have a 30year-old home and we've redone every room. :)