This morning I am thankful for the countless hours of car seat and mini-van research I have done over the years. We've always purchased those with the highest safety ratings at the time and last night they proved their worthiness.
A woman decided to run the red light of a busy intersection and sailed into an unsuspecting Momma and her three babies. I had just started moving when my arrow turned green so I was not going very fast. I stood on the brakes when I saw her coming but there was no stopping for her. The damage is minimal and mostly cosmetic. Her van took the biggest hit thanks to our super duper reinforced Toyota Sienna bumper. Had I hit the gas two seconds earlier she would have t-boned us on the drivers side. It is so true when people say "it happened so fast I didn't see it coming". We are all OK. Wild Man and I were pretty shaken up at the time but the girls were blissfully unaware of exactly what was going on. I'm a little sore this morning but more than anything I am thankful.
Thankful we are all safe. Thankful for my delay in pressing the gas pedal because I was turning up the Christmas music. Thankful we spent extra money on car seats and a super safe mini-van when we could have spent it on other things. Thankful for all of the people behind the lights and sirens who come to your rescue when you need them. Thankful for a husband who is always brave (even when I'm not). Thankful I woke up this morning to a relatively typical day as a wife and Mommy of three.
Today could have been much different and for that "what if" I am grateful. You know...your entire world can change in an instant because of the carelessness of someone else. With the exception of a few small inconveniences (van repairs and researching new car seats), our world has not changed. Could there be a better Christmas gift than that? I think not. Thank you Lord for protecting our family.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Thankful Thursday on Wednesday...
at
7:14 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






16 comments:
So thankful with you that you all are safe! We just bought a 2010 Sienna because of the safety rating, and like you, it is my TOP priority to have a safe vehicle and carseats. What a blessing that everyone is okay!!
OMG how scary to have to go through that! I'm glad everyone is ok and yes it is during these times you realize how fast things can change in an instant! Take care!
Wonderful post! You certainly put a positive spin on a scary situation. I'm so glad everyone is okay. I really was touched by your thankfulness!
~Lynn
A very thankful Grammy sitting at work with tears rolling down my face thinking of the "what if's". I too am thankful that my baby and grandbabies are all ok this sun filled Wednesday. We can give thanks that Christmas song started to play when it did. Love to you all and take care.
LOVE GRAMMY
I am so glad you are okay. That is so scary!
I'm so thankful that you're all safe and sound, too. Amazing how He's always watching over us!
Oh my goodness, I'm so glad you're all okay. I know it must have been one scary night! It's good to know that the ole' Toyota minivan kept you safe - I drive one too!
Drive safely.
I, too, am thankful that you are all OK. And thankful that you helped me put my own crazy day into perspective. Praise God!
Christmas blessing are bountiful for you and your family. God is so good.
OH... WOW!!! So glad you are okay!And P.S. check with insurance about replacing those seats... it should cover new ones. (or so I am told)
Sorry to hear about your accident. So glad everyone is okay though.
I can completely relate to this post because I hit a deer a few days ago. It could have been alot worse! I feel very thankful too!
I am thankful too! Glad you're all okay.
I have to say - that I loved hearing you tell the details in person!
I'm so glad ya'll are ok! I hope to catch yo with you soon! :)
So glad you guys are all ok...and that you are all doing well.
wow....that is scary crazy! so glad you are ok!
Post a Comment