Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Dedication of MeiMei...

For those unfamiliar with a Parent-Child Dedication, it is a ceremony in which we promise to parent our daughter in a Godly home, teach her about the love of Christ and do everything within our power to raise her according to His word. Tonight, exactly four months after we arrived home with her in our arms, the Chief and I pledged all of these things before God, our family and our church family. There is no doubt this beautiful and precious child is a gift straight from His hand. She belongs to Him and we are thankful He chose us to be her parents. From March 27, 2009 forward, her story was, is and will continue to be my living example of "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine". For years I prayed the same simple prayer over the little one who would some day join our family. Ten months ago He answered my simple prayer in ways I never imagined.

I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you
with power through his Spirit in your inner being,
so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,
may have power, together with all the saints,
to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—
that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine,
according to his power that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus

throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

-Ephesians 3:16-21

4 comments:

Jodee said...

What a happy day! Cute pictures!

P.S. I keep forgetting to tell you that I love your new blog header! Those family pictures are fabulous!

Courtney said...

How wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ! Love this.

AwesomeCloud and family said...

Congratulations!

Cindy said...

Ooooo, congratulations!!! You all look fantastic! God bless Mei Mei!