Monday, July 2, 2012

Be Still my Heart...

About two weeks ago I ordered a custom pillow through China Adopt Help.  Gretchen and Lillian have been a joy to work with for both the update/care package and now THIS!  I created two simple collages of our family...

 

emailed them and voila--a pillow!!  Friday I received word it was delivered to the orphanage and this morning I woke up to EIGHT new photos of our Little Buddy with his new family pillow!!!! EIGHT!!! They are tiny images and a bit grainy but at least I can tell we are in his hands... sort of...




This CRACKS ME UP!
Who are these strange people and WHY did they send me an enormous pillow?
I knew it would be big but had no idea it would be THIS big.  :)
 



I CAN NOT WAIT to meet him and his ENORMOUS pillow.  I think they'll send it on our family day or at least I hope so.  I mean, really, WHAT are they going to do with an enormous pillow of the Womble's? 

Once again, eight new photos and not one smile. However, I THINK I can make out a slight slimmer of grin in one of them. Maybe. Now I know the Chinese are not big on smiling at the camera but I've seen PLENTY of photos with smiling Chinese babies. I now have 28 photos and not one smile. I am caught between a heavy heart and one of complete JOY! I want to make him smile and giggle and snuggle close with that sweet little head of his. I WANT TO BE HIS MOMMY! Today! Ahhhhh... Mommy is running low on patience. Not much longer now... 

5 comments:

Journey to Poppy Kate said...

Oh I think I see a little grin in the one where he's looking at the pillow! He will be smiling all the time before long!

Jenny said...

He is precious!!!!! Praying now that in his little heart he understands that he is looking at his forever family on that sweet pillow!! Praying that these next few days past quickly and for a safe trip to China! Can't wait to see pictures of him finally in your loving arms!!!!

Sonja said...

How cute! What a great way to let him "see" his family! I agree....the one with him staring down at the pillow is pretty funny:)

Karen said...

How cool! What a great idea! Precious.

mashelly said...

while iw as going theu the pics(before getting to your words) I thought oohh there is a hint of a smile there,just a little touch... I can barely wait till you have him home and have that little fella roaring with laughter and happiness