Sunday, July 15, 2012

China Day 5: And then one morning...

7-16-12 at 9 am China time...


This is the exact poem I posted the day we became Mei Mei's forever family.  Much of this post comes from that day.  It still stops me in my tracks and the feelings are much the same...
  
Every call has a beginning
A quiet moment when God
whispers a promise to a mother's heart
A holy place where a father bows and faithfully accepts
the journey set before him.
A miraculous morning that unexpectedly dawns
Casting its first light on a chosen threshold
A gentle knock...a closed door opens
A sacred invitation sent by the Father
Leads to the other side of the world
Where lonely hearts stare out orphanage windows
Praying for someone to care
And then one morning,
On an ordinary day

An orphan's life changes
God sends them a second chance...
Through YOU


-author unknown

Today is our opportunity to once again experience one morning--our ordinary day--except it is anything but ordinary. Prior to today, July 16 has been just another day on the calendar. After today it will never be ordinary again. Much like May 8. November 25. June 18. March 26 & 27. September 14.  All are dates within the circle of this family. Days that changed our lives for the better.

We find ourselves with a wide range of emotions much like that September day in 2009.  We are thrilled to finally meet the answer to our prayers.  Thrilled yet our overall feelings are bittersweet. Today Little Buddy will transition from his past to his future.  To most that would seem like a glorious day. It is, for us, but not necessarily for him. While we have loved him for months, even years in our hearts, the reality is he has not loved us. We know he is going to grieve the loss of those who have cared for him over the past two and a half years.  Our request today is for you to pray specifically for our new son.  Please pray that the God who knitted him together will comfort him today and the weeks to come. That somehow, beyond fear, language and cultural divide the peace that can only come from Him will surround and comfort his grieving heart.

Also, I would like to ask you to remember Wild Man.  He is 9 and he believes what 9 year old's should believe about the world we live.  No matter how many times I explain it, he still believes the music will play quietly while Little Buddy runs joyfully into our arms and never looks back.  Yes, I can certainly hope he is right but I know more than likely it is wishful thinking.  Please pray he will focus on the good of what is to come rather than the realities of what the day may hold. 

It is my intention to archive today's comments for Little Buddy just as I did for MeiMei.  We want him to know that from the very day he joined our family he was loved--just like his brother and sisters. If you feel so led, please leave your prayers and wishes for our new son in the comments section below. I hope someday he will come to cherish your words and wishes.

Lord, we love you and we thank you for THIS day You have orchestrated for our family.  We will choose to praise You through the good and possibly the challenging days to come.  We know without a doubt You've asked us to be a family of six.  We are scared but we are up for the challenge because we know we are choosing Your path instead of our own.  We can not wait to meet our Samuel Jack Xijian.  Just as his name describes, for this child I prayed and You have given me what I asked of You.  Grateful.  Thankful.  Humbled.  In Awe of your plans for me.  For us.  For our children.  We promise to love our new little blessing just as You have loved us.  We promise to teach him the definition of Your kind of love.  The kind that is pure, unconditional and lasts forever.  Amen.

With boundless love and great anticipation for the day set before us,
M and J

11 comments:

Julie Stump said...

I love my Wombles. I can't wait to meet the newest member. Prayers are being sent up for you. :)

Cindy said...

Thinking of you all! Keeping you all in my prayers for as easy of a transition as possible. Keep us posted.

mashelly said...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.Jeremiah 29:11

Be Blessed Little one

Jenny said...

I have been thinking and praying for you all! I am so excited for your family and can't believe that this day is finally here! Praying for a smooth transition and a sweet time with that precious boy! HUGS!!!

Debbie Crocker said...

Jay and Misty,

Praying for you today as you meet the newest member of your precious family. I know that God has gone before you and prepared the way for you. Praying for an easy transition for you as well as Little Buddy! He is one lucky little boy to have such a great older brother and two sweet older sisters who will love him to pieces! So happy for your whole family!

Blessings,
Debbie and Mark Crocker

Beyond Blessed said...

Sweet boy. I believe you are destined for great things. Someday you will know the story of the faith and devotion to God your mother and father had in believing that you were to be their son. You don't even know how desperately you were longed for, prayed for, cried over...not only by your parents but by others around them. Sweet boy, I can't explain to you just how excited I am that TODAY you will be in their arms for the first time! I am praying for you, for your brother and sisters for your mom and your dad...that you all will someday see how your beautiful story was in actuality a story of God's grace and love played out in your families life.

Sweet friend--know that you are being bathed in prayer. Love to you!

Becky said...

Sending love and saying many prayers for you here in Southeast Asia. Praying that God will be with all of you through this journey and time of transition and that love, grace, and patience will abound. And of course congratulations on the new addition to your family!!

Unknown said...

Amazing God, I thank you for who you are and what you do. Thank you for your Son Jesus. I thank you for the Wombles and their obedience to you. I lift Jack up to you and pray that he will always know how much he is loved and how you planned for him to be a Womble. I pray that you will give him comfort when he grieves, that he will trust in Jesus as his Savior at a young age and grow into a young man that will exalt you. Pour out your blessings on this precious family. In Jesus name, Amen.

Flamingo said...

I have been thinking so much about you this morning!!! Can not wait to read your next update!! May the orchestra music be playing for you:))

Parveen Walker said...

Wow! What an overwhelming rush of emotions I am feeling at this moment! I hope and pray the He will comfort Samuel during his time of transition and that your "Wild Man" will get to keep his view of the world as a 9 year old boy. :) I know I can speak for all of us as your Barfield family when I say how excited we are to welcome him in to the family that is our own little section of the world. Safe travels and see you soon!

Roseycheeks said...

Father God,
I pray that you wrap this entire family in your loving care, especially the newest member! Thank you for helping this family be obedient in where you have led them. What an awesome reminder of how faithful you are…to have watched this desire for another child grow into what it is today-actually getting to meet their beloved caboose at last!  I pray for precious Jack that he will be comforted in this time of transition by this family that loves him so much. I pray for the days to come that you cover Jack and this family with your peace, comfort, and love. In Jesus’s name, Amen