Monday, July 16, 2012

China Day 5: For THIS child I prayed...

and the Lord has given me what I asked of him.  In EVERY.  SINGLE.  WAY.

Today may go down as the first day I've been rendered completely and utterly speechless.  We certainly have felt a peace over this process, even amidst the craziness, and now we know exactly why.  I am overcome with such a gamete of emotions I don't know where to begin.  Until I can put together a coherent story, I think I'll let the photos of our Family Day speak for themselves.  I know that's all you want to see anyway...

Introducing
Samuel "Jack" Xijian Womble
AKA our caboose...
(who came to us in a Thomas the Train tshirt I might add...
God certainly knows how to speak to my heart--He cares about each and every detail just like me)











































At the moment this little angel of ours is sleeping soundly in his crib next to me.  If I could have dreamed a perfect Family Day this would have been it.  It was more than I could ask or imagine.  I know things may change but we have started off on our new adventure in the most amazing way.  Tonight I'm going to bed thanking God for the five greatest blessings of my life.

Our main prayer request at this time is for Little Buddy to feel better.  He came to us sick with fever but I think it's just a cold.  If THIS is what he feels like when he feels crummy I can't wait to see the healthy Little Buddy.  Thank you Lord for this indescribable gift.  Details of our day to come...

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I see a smile!!! I am so glad this day has finally arrived and I can see the joy in all of you. Can't wait til you get home with him! Welcome to the family Little Buddy! Love MOM aka Grammy

Anonymous said...

I am sitting here at the computer just smiling as if I was there. He is precious just like your other three. I love his smile. I know that Jonathan will be a big help during this time. Tell both boys that their Nanny loves them and can't wait for them to be home along with their momma and daddy. Love you all.
Nanny

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures! I have been looking all morning! Prayers will continue until you are all safely home and together again!
Miss R.

Julie Peters said...

We sit here with lots of smiles and giggle and tears as we look at the sweet little blessing God has given your family. He is SO cute and he even smiled. Oh how I prayed that he would love ALL of you! What a great answer. Praying for you as you continue to bond with this most precious of gifts. God sure is good!
Julie P

Jake's comment - "Wow, Jonathan seems to love him already."

Cheri said...

Amazing! Such a lovely family.

Jill Perryman said...

Oh, I am sitting here on the couch reading this to my girls. We are all in tears of JOY to watch your family grow!

How peaceful and precious and perfect this day must be for you! Continuing to pray for you and your family of six! Praying for God's peace to surround Jack as his heart fills with love for his Mommy, Daddy, Big Brother and two Big Sisters.
Oh what a happy day!!

Kim said...

I vapored.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How incredible! Congrats to you and you`re family!
Ella

Shannon Frost said...

This is exactly why I don't usually read blogs! TEARS!!!!!! So sweet. He and Jonathan... Oh my I am speechless too.

Shandy said...

Perfect! These pictures are amazing and are so telling. Thank you for sharing these times with all of us.

Rach said...

YAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have any other words. :) :) Love you all!

Sonja said...

Yay! Looks like a fantastic day! So cute seeing J play peek-a-boo:) My prayer is that each day from here on is as smooth as this one seemed to be! Can't wait to for real talk to you!! Love and Hugs!

Beyond Blessed said...

I am sitting here doing the ugly cry and have chills up and down my body. That smile is what you were waiting for...and what a SMILE!!! Beautiful, simply beautiful!!!! Elated for you friend!

Anonymous said...

Prayers and (a few tears) from the Dyer family as you are sleeping.

Debbie Crocker said...

That smile on his face says it all. God is good! Hope he feels better soon!

Debbie Crocker

Roseycheeks said...

So thankful that today went well! I think that Jack looks like Jonathan in the picture in the water! Continued prayers for you all!

Laura said...

He is smiling!!! Oh misty, I am so happy for you:) I can't wait to see all of you! He is precious. And you are right, I love how God has been prevalent in the smallest of details. Amazing. Love you!!

Kristi said...

YAY!!! Our internet is a bit spotty in province so I was anxiously waiting to get on your blog! So happy that your first day together was so magical!

Journey to Poppy Kate said...

This is my 4th attempt , so I hope my comment goes thru and you don't have to read it four times! ;) I had tears o joy reading about your Gotcha Day!! Sweet Baby has a SMILE on his face!!!! I knew he would once he met you! And he was wearing a train shirt...,.your little caboose!!!! I believe that's God saying, "This is your child, good and faithful servant!" Love you, Friend!

Lori said...

These are the best pictures!! I have been waiting for this post since 3am!! So happy for your beautiful family!! He is absolutely perfect!! Praying for Little Buddy to feel better soon! Enjoy your precious new addition. He is the cutest!

Lisa said...

Congratulations!!!! God is so good!

Lisa Q

Anonymous said...

Hi Misty, This is Susan, Cindy's SIL. I cried big tears when I saw and read this post. I am so very happy for you. Little Buddy is really beautiful. His eyes are gorgeous! He looks so happy and in love with his new family already! I will pray for him tonight. God bless!

Amy said...

Overjoyed for you all. What a beautiful day!!! He is such a cutie pie.

Amy said...

Well, I am crying now! Beautiful pictures! And that smile! Congrats to the whole family!

Kerry said...

My heart is filled with joy at these pictures. Praying for God's healing for Jack so you can get your little buddy home!!!

Mommy to Samantha & Madison said...

I am so happy for your "perfect" family day! I know how hard the first one was! You deserve it my friend! Congratulations on finally getting little buddy, he is precious!

Love from the Roths - Denise, Dale, Samantha & Madison

Jodee said...

It looks like you had such a great Gotcha Day! Love the peek-a-boo pictures and the very last picture. So sweet!