 |
| Our only photo from Tuesday taken as soon as we arrived at the Civil Affairs. |
Julie... do not read this post to our baby girls...
Tuesday morning 12 pm China time/11 pm CST...
Little Buddy is sick. Something is wrong but we don't know exactly what. Fever and most likely seizure activity. Guangdong officials will not allow us to proceed with the adoption until we have medical clearance from a physician. If you are still awake, WE NEED YOU TO PRAY!!!! I am this child's Mother and I can not leave this country without him.
Tuesday afternoon 2 pm China time/1 am CST...
Update: This morning on the way to the Civil Affairs office to finalize our adoption Jack had what we think were seizures. 5 in a one hour period and one while we were in the office waiting to sign the papers. The official would not proceed with the paperwork and told our guide to take us to the hospital. We opted out of a Chinese hospital visit for obvious reasons and chose to the go to the clinic with a western doctor. Biggest waste of $300 but don't tell anyone in Ch-eye-na I said that. He said he had epilepsy (which you can not diagnose based upon symptoms anyway). We had a long talk with our guide and explained to him that Jack is our son no matter what that paperwork says. We are committed to this child no matter what. We promised we would get him the proper treatment once we get home as long as he is ok from this point forward (to avoid Ch-eye-nese medical care system). Personally I think he had an allergic reaction to the antibiotic he is on but I have no way to know for certain. There is no diagnosis so we shouldn't need any changes as far as the paperwork as long as the officials will cooperate with us. There COULD be an issue with our I800 paperwork so we need to get this done without involving the U-S-gvmt. Our guide is contacting the Civil-Affairs official this afternoon to see how we can proceed. Thank you for covering us in prayer. For this child I prayed and the Lord already gave me what I asked of him. We did not come all the way to China to leave without our son.
Tuesday afternoon 3 pm China time/2 am CST...
At the moment Jack seems perfectly fine and has been since about 12 pm. We now have an appointment with the Civil Affairs office in the morning at 8:30 am. PLEASE pray the official will understand our intent without requiring a lot of official red tape. We need to go home on time without complications. Our girls are at home, we now have a child who needs to see a doctor and we can't bear the thought of being stuck here until we wade through more paperwork. Could SOMETHING about the process of adoption be easy??? Thank you for praying for us.
3 comments:
Praying for little Jack!!
I am praying for your precious son and family!!! HE is in control!!!
Somehow I stumbled upon your blog today and had to take the time to comment on your beautiful family and day of celebration. You children are all beautiful and while I know you feel you are receiving the biggest and best gift in your new son, he is equally as blessed to have such a wonderful family and parents to embrace him. His sweet little face is precious. Today, I send prayers of a peaceful transition and wonderful life for that sweet little soul and that our amazing GOD blesses your family with health and happiness.
Post a Comment