Wednesday, July 18, 2012

China Day 7: Officially Officially OFFICIAL!!

Who cares if it's 24 hours and a few moments of panic later, right?  Sorry for the delay. 

OK.  The details.


Our guide picked us up this morning at 8:15 am.  We headed back to the same government building we've visited the past two days and met with the same woman from yesterday.


 

 She asked us if we were happy with the child, his medical status and if we were ready to proceed.  She commented that he looked much better today.  Then she went on to ask the usual adoption interview questions.  I'll admit I almost busted into the ugly cry when she asked if we promise never to abuse or abandon the child.  They always ask that question but hearing the word abandon felt different today.  Yes, we promise with our whole hearts.  We answered all her questions honestly and that was that.  Signed sealed and delivered in less than 10 minutes.
 
Then we had to drive all over the city to complete the paperwork. Apparently when Guangdong adoptions are completed on Monday or Tuesday the government officials come to the adoption registry office. When they occur on other days you have to drive around town directly to them. Guangzhou is a really big city.  Our paperwork is now back where it should be and we can proceed as scheduled.

Waiting at the Guangdong Notary Office
 For those who asked, our paperwork can not be expedited unless it is an imminent emergency.  Since he hasn't had any more and we are not approved for a child with a diagnosis of epilepsy we don't need to rock the boat.  If it happens again we'll consider it but it will require a lot of red tape. 

We got back to the hotel a little before 11 but I couldn't get the computer to cooperate.  Then I had to run and say goodbye to a friend who is leaving today.  Again, sorry to keep you all waiting.

We have a medical exam in the morning which is simply a formality for the US Visa. The events of Tuesday are not part of Little Buddy's official adoption paperwork so if they don't ask I won't be divulging any unnecessary information. We just need to get home so we can figure out why this happened in the first place.  He has been perfectly fine since around noon yesterday so hopefully we are in the clear.  Let's just pray he doesn't decide to show off his funny business in the medical exam office like he did yesterday at Civil Affairs.

Again, thank you all for storming the gates of heaven on our son's behalf.  We know literally hundreds of families were praying for us and for that we are eternally grateful.  As we drove around the city finalizing the adoption paperwork I couldn't help but shed a few tears.  Yesterday I was a hot mess and today I could SHOUT with joy.  This roller coaster called international adoption is almost complete and I am ready to GET OFF this crazy train.  Almost half way to the finish line...

8 comments:

Rach said...

LOVE this post!!! YAY!!!! Moving on....just a little bump in the road. Only that much closer to home now. :)

Beyond Blessed said...

You know...there's no way to express just how elated I am!!! Praise God! Praise God! Praise God! Thrilled and to be honest...relieved for you! Love you sweet friend!

Cheri said...

Wow! God never disappoints. Thanks for sharing and just enjoy your time in China.

I'm sure other people have commented this...but some children do have seizures when they are sick or their temp spikes rather quickly. My niece does this every time, whether her temp is going up or coming down too quickly. Her body just can't handle that.

Hugs.

Leslie said...

OK, well I missed all of this, BUT I've been praying for you all continally (just didn't realize how vital it was at the moment).

Love every word of your posts about WHY you don't see it as a choice to leave without him. As you know, we were asked to give our first daughter back (well paper was not done so she wasn't officially ours yet), but we were also certain she was ours and there was no way we were going to do that w/out a fight. And it did sort of come to a bit of back and forth unfortunately, even involving the US Embassy as you know, but anyway she is home and we feel the same way.

I am just sorry you had to go through this, but I a honored to call you a friend. Bless your family and your precious baby boy. I am PRAYING HARD this was a medicine reaction and no matter what the cause that it DOES NOT happen again, especially while in China.

Know the prayers are going up today in some very specific ways, and so very THANKFUL the sending country paperwork is DONE. PTL!

Cindy said...

Wahoooo!!!!! So so very happy for you all! Seriously thrilled! One request... more Jack pix!!! lol! ;)

Unknown said...

We were praying for you last night and just as I finished saying Thank you Lord for hearing this prayer, a shooting star lit up the sky. :)

Mommy to Samantha & Madison said...

Congratulations onit being official!

Hugs,

The Roth family

Rach said...

Love the pics you added to this one! :) Family pic is WONDERFUL! :) :) Your posts quit updating to FB....not sure why??