Before I begin Thankful Thursday I have a prayer request I would like to share. I did not ask permission to do this so I will not use names. My sweet friend K and her husband R, along with his family, received some very tragic news last Wednesday. R's Mother was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It has metastasized to both her liver and stomach and her prognosis is very grim. K, R and their children immediately traveled home to help care for her during this heartbreaking time. R will be traveling back home this weekend as he has to return to work next week. K and the children are staying to help as needed. Would you please remember this family in your prayers today and in the coming weeks? I realize that praying for a K or an R is not very personal but please remember that God knows which K and R you are praying for. Thank you.
- I am thankful for a Super Bowl Sunday spent with great friends and football (for the boys--I did not actually watch the game)
- I am thankful for the Bible Study I began this week and the accountability it places on me to spend time in His word.
- I am thankful my friend Karen is sick as a dog (Translation: Monday she began an experimental trial for treatment of non-Hodgkins lymphoma. Post infusion she has been very sick which means she is probably receiving the actual treatment and NOT the placebo...hooray!)
- I am thankful J did well at his first kindergarten screening (or at least he said he did).
- I am thankful my friend Amy received her Letter of Intent yesterday. If all goes as planned, she will be traveling to China to bring home her precious Mina next month.
- I am thankful that TODAY I get to chop off this ridiculously long, thin, nappy, stick straight hair. More importantly, I am thankful I get to give it to someone who needs it much more than I do.
- I am thankful that I think I have finally found a reputable Homestudy Agency for our adoption. Translation...we can FINALLY get this show on the road!






No comments:
Post a Comment