~ sent 11 pm China time / 10 am CST
Another low key day here in China. We had MeiMei's medical exam this morning at the clinic down the street. I have seen so many photos of this building so it was fun to see it with my own eyes. MeiMei passed all areas of the medical exam including the hearing exam (which consisted of two bears squeaked into her ear). It was very thorough. :-) LOL! Due to the new Hague requirements she must receive 5 immunizations before she can obtain her VISA. We go back on Saturday to receive the last two. Ugh!


The situation remains the same between the two of us but we had a few good moments. There was less crying today which made for a less emotionally stressful day for all three of us. We had lunch at Lucy's and MeiMei let me roll the car back and forth to her while we waited for our food. We had a few moments at dinner where she waved at me and let me feed her with a spoon. When we came back to the room tonight she kept bringing me all the trash to throw away when the Chief told her to "Take this to Mommy". Yes, that's right, I've been demoted to trash lady but I'll take what I can get. :-) I know that is so small but I am holding on to the little things right now. Thank you to all of you who have sent emails and left such supportive comments here.


Since I had empty arms this afternoon (not by choice), I took Amy's advice and participated in a little retail therapy. What more could make a sad Mommy feel better than 8 pairs of squeaky shoes and a whole host of other goodies to take home. While I was carrying shopping bags, the Chief was wearing a baby in an Ergo carrier in 90+ degree heat with 80% humidity. It is SOOOO STINKIN' HOT HERE!!!!!!! By the time we were finished shopping we were all dripping wet.
As for the home turf, everyone seems to be well. One of my best friends from high school is having her baby today (our tonight). It stinks to be on the other side of the planet when one of your besties is in the hospital but what can you do? We love you guys very much and can't wait to meet baby NoName. Love you Rach!
Mrs. Kara and Mrs. Suzanne--if you are reading this--you'll be so happy to know MeiMei has already learned the sign for more and she's not afraid to use it. You can see her asking for "MORE" noodles in one of the pictures from lunch. Tomorrow we get to visit TCH. We are looking forward to it.

XOXO,
Mommy, the Chief and MeiMei
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Day 9: Medical Exam Day
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






20 comments:
Hello there. Just be patient with her she will come around to you soon. Then when she is saying mama all the time, you may want her to say daddy, lol. I know it is hard that she will not have anything to do with you, but she will grow to love both of you and your kids soon. Be careful and enjoy this time. We love you and miss you.
Aunt Linda
I can't wait to get my hands on this baby!!! I could put her between 2 pieces of bread and eat her up she is soooo stinkin' cute!!!
Hang in there! I'm sure by the time you get home, it's gonna be okay!
Mei Mei is absolutely beautiful. Her strong spirit will serve her well in the future. Have you tried being the M&M lady as well as the "trash lady". when we traveled for Mina, she would have nothing to do with my husband. So he was always the treat giver (M&M's, watermelon and cranberries) and walks outside which she would protest until he reached the fresh air. Hang in their Mama, make sure you hit Sherry's place for the BEST squeaky shoe choices... We own way too many...
All my love and prayers,
Amy
I gave your blog address to a friend of mine that adopted a little girl from China 5 years ago, and told her what was happening with MeiMei...how she was preferring her Daddy right now. She said her daughter did the same thing, but eventually got past it.
I can't wait to see pictures from when you arrive home at the airport. What a reunion that is going to be!!
She is sooooo precious! Thanks for sharing all of the great pics with us. I can't wait to see all of you and Rachel and Elijah David are doing just fine!
April
aAs a word of encouragement... a few years ago my husband and I went on a week long trip; I was pregnant with our secound child at the time and we left our then 18 month old at home with my sister for a few days and then my in-laws... upon returning from our trip, my son would not have ANYTHING to do with me... talk about crushing... I was CRUSHED!!! He cried and screamed... he wouldn't give my hugs or kisses... I did just about everything to try and convince him to "love me" again... it hurt!!!! Fast forward 3 years and he is my most loving of 3 sweet babies... He'll tell me out of the blue how much he loves me and just hug and kiss on me!!!!!!
I know it stings and your heart aches... it WILL get better and one day Meimei will just hug and kiss on you and think you are the BEST thing in the whole world!!!
oh... I have a blog, but haven't posted anything in SEVERAL months ;)
I just can not get over how precious she is!!! The pictures are great and I feel like we are right there with you! Don't worry M, MeMei is coming around she will soon realize she has one strong Mommy even if you do have to start out as the trash lady!!!
See there she is taking thing to "Mommy" so thats a start! Just give it a couple more days and you will see a difference. Take each day slowly and be your loving mommy self and she will come around. She is precious. Everyone at work has loved the experience and are praying daily for all of us.
Love you, Grammy
Oh the med exam pix break my heart :( Poor thing. Give her a big kiss for me! Stay strong girl!
Love ya!
C
So glad to hear today was a little bit better. I am sure your retail therapy helped too!
Hope you have a great weekend!
MeiMei is a doll. And, I love the Daddy and MeiMei pictures. You can tell the Chief loves her so much, too. Hang in there Mommy-- MeiMei will soon realize that she has this amazing Mommy and be your little sidekick!
Sending love and prayers from CO,
Amy Castro
Oh my those were some awesome great steps she took today then!! Yay. It's only going to get better. I can't wait to see all the squeaky shoes!! :)
Elijah David and mommy over here are doing well. He finally got the hang of eating and does so like a champ now. I am getting ready to head off to dreamland myself for as long as I can. lol!
Can't wait to hear about TCH tomorrow {today}.
love you guys!
MeiMei is such a doll! I am so happy today was a bit better! I met your mom last night and she was so sweet! I offered for little Miss to come and play if your mom needed a break- please take me up on it! Puddin would love to have a friend over to play tea party and dress up! BTW- I hope you don't mind but I put a link to your blog on my blog asking for prayer for ya'll. I know God will heal MeiMei's broken heart and you will bond with her in a mighty way! Keep the faith! Not much longer until you are all home and a family under 1 roof!!
Sending prayers to China!
Melissa
Mommy,
I've been following along on your journey (and checking your blog several times a day) but haven't commented because we're wiped out with the dreaded swine flu (although it's really not that bad.) I'm sure you remember but Ash detested David in China. I had to carry him, feed him, clothe him, change his diapers and the worst part - take care of him 100% of the time on our flight back home. Man, was I tired! The good part is that Ash's mommy-itus went away quickly once we got home. By our second week home, Ash liked David and by our third week, he liked us equally well (I hesitate to say love because that's stretching the truth.) Hang in there. Your time in China can be so emotionally exhausting. As so many others have said - this will pass! Take care of yourself. I recommend a long Chinese massage.
Glad you guys had a better day! She is so beautiful, I can't wait to see her in person. Stay strong, and if I get to meet Beth Moore in person today I will ask her to pray for you:) Love you!
Laura
Just ran across your blog through Kim W. My heart is just breaking along with you, but I will be praying for you and especially MeiMei and have shared your story with several of my friends to start praying for your family.
MeiMei is beautiful.
OK, I am still giggling about the "trash lady" comment! :) You might be tired and emotionally drained but darn if you don't still have your sense of humor with you! :) Can't wait to hear about TCH!
C
Just found your blog through Kim and I am so amazed by your truly inspiring journey!
Hang in there, you must have patience and she will eventually come around. Just continue to show her love and affection and I know one day it will be returned.
Take care of yourself and try to relax a little ;) You and your wonderful family will be in my prayers!!!
Still prayin'...
I'm hoping MeiMei has not gotten off your lap and that's why you can't update us! thinking of you, Kara
Post a Comment