Today was MeiMei's appointment with the infamous Dr. K and it went very well. We were relieved to hear his recommendations were just as we expected. He felt the repair she had in China was good and it would be appropriate to follow the typical treatment plan. She will see him yearly until she is 4 years old. Sometime between the age of 4 and 5 she will have her first surgery. From that point forward she shouldn't need another surgery until adolescence. Dr. K will work together with the orthodontist to determine the timing of her second surgery (probably between 9 and 12 years). Thankfully there were no surprises. Everything is just as we expected. PTL!
_________________________________________________
In addition to family and friends, I know there are many adoptive parents who read our blog. I think the range is across the board. From those who have gone before us to those who are just beginning to consider adoption. I loathe the term "special needs"...always have. I know it's the PC term but personally I've never liked it. I much prefer my own made up term "uniquely gifted". If I can be a resource to anyone considering adoption, especially China's "uniquely gifted" program, feel free to email me. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have about the process.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Meeting the infamous Dr. K...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
Mommy,
I've thought about you, oh I don't know, about a million times over the last few weeks. You've been in my prayers daily and I'm so happy that things seem to be moving in the right direction. It's also great news that MeiMei's surgery was done well in China (although I could already tell that, because she is gorgeous!) I hope that every day is getting better and bringing healing for your little angel.
Your friend,
Heather O.
Post a Comment