Today we returned to the Medical Exam office to have Jian Jian's TB skin test read. It was PACKED with adoptive families but we breezed in and out in 10 minutes.
Once we finished our guide took us to the Pedestrian Mall for a little shopping.
We bought Jian Jian a new toy and a Chinese DVD of a popular cartoon here in China. Less than $5 USD for both!! Woohooo! Then we were off to the Pearl Market where they allow you to choose your own strands (for CHEAP!!). They take the strands you choose and make them into whatever you want right in front of you. Last time we were in China we bought a pearl necklace, bracelet and earrings for our girls to be given on their wedding day. Considering our boys are sharing this experience together, I couldn't miss the opportunity to do the same for our boys. Well, not the boys but my future daughter-in-laws. It is hard to imagine that day will come but we know it will someday.
Since today happens to be the 5th anniversary of my 29th birthday, my sweet husband bought me a beautiful double stranded pearl necklace. In China EVERYTHING has meaning or symbolism. I think that's one of the reasons why I love it here so much. In this case I'm claiming my own symbolism so I will always remember this special birthday. I can do that because it's my birthday, right?
Pearls... a symbol of my time in China when I met both of my China babies.
Two strands... one for my girls and one for my boys... all created differently yet woven together by love.
Reading that makes me smile.
We came back to the room for Jian Jian's nap while the Chief went to a paperwork party with our guide. Then we celebrated my birthday at Cow and Bridge with a group of adoptive families who arrived last night from other provinces. We've all become friends as we waited together over the past 9 months. It has been so fun to finally meet these friends in person.
We made it back to our hotel room in time for a very special delivery. The Garden Hotel sent me a beautiful little cake to end my special day. My girls will be SO happy Mommy had cake on her birthday. :)
4 more sleeps in Guangzhou. 1 more sleep in Hong Kong... THEN HOME!!!!!! We can NOT wait!!!






2 comments:
Happy birthday!
Yay! you got cake on your birthday. :) Love that you got 2 more sets of pearls....that is so awesome. Your symbolism for the pearls...perfect! He is SO dang cute!! I can not WAIT to meet him in person!!!!
Post a Comment